Wondering if I should move to WTT

A

AriannasMama

I had just posted a thread about I didnt know if AF was here or not, well now she is :growlmad:. I just feel like hubby and I have been TTC forever, and I know my weight has to be part of the issue (I should loose like 30lbs). If we do go back to waiting however, I need to be back on some sort of BC cause we dont use condoms, I felt like being on the pill was sort of the problem that we couldnt conceive, so should i get on a low dose or something? Pill suggestions would be great. I was on Yaz which didn't work for me and then was put on to Yasmin.

How long have you been TTC? The average healthy couples take 6 months to a year to conceive. And, weight may have a little to do with it, but i am overweight and i have gotten preggo twice (this is my 2nd but i MCed last time). I know plenty of plus size ladies who have conceived so dont be so hard on yourself. :dust:

Well, I got off the pill in Jan, but then went back on it a few times (3 different times maybe). So it feels like it has been forever.

i see. Well that could very well be why. Hormones may a little confused. I was told by some good resources that i probably wouldn't even be able to get pregnant until after being off the pill for 3 months. Of course thats not true with everyone, because that didn't happen with me. My guess would be that your hormones just need to get back to normal. When was the last dose you took?

You can only count from the last time you got off the pill to now. I would say just move to ntnp and then if you want to work on loosing weight start doing that and then move back to ttc when ready. I wouldn't suggest going back on the pill if you're wanting to try again soon cause then you're just going to have to wait to get those chemicals out of your body before conceiving. Try a spermacidal gel, thats what H2B and I use since I came off the pill in October and we HATE condoms.

I HATE condoms too! And they irritate me, so we use lambskin and they are so much better!

they irritate me as well and we always get caught up in the moment and never put one on. thanks ladies for making me feel better. & the last dose I took was in August - Sept. I know hubby has healthy swimmers because he already has a 4 year old princess, it gets hardest with his family because every one of his sisters have at least 1 child, I love his daughter like she is my own, but it still isnt the same.

yeah, i get that feeling :hugs:

Well, you took your last dose in September, that is probably why you weren't able to conceive prior to that. Lets see, September was 3 months ago...IMO, if you want a baby you should keep trying because in reality that means your chance of getting preggo has gone up tremendously because your hormones are probably close to being back to normal now. Really, you can't say that you've been trying for that long if your last dose was in Sept. If i were you, i would DEF keep trying. But do what is best for you and your DH. :friends: Best of luck to you Doll. :flower:

You could always move to WTT, not use condoms and work on losing weight if thats what you want to do. I am pretty heavy about 40 lbs overweight if not more than that and I conceived with no issues.. and soon to start trying for number 2. You could just do the NTNP while you are working on your weight. If it happens it happens and its a bonus. It sounds like you are still having some hormonal issues so I probably would not go back on the pill.

The only odd part was my periods have not changed since getting off the pill, they are still fairly normal, a day or two off, but fairly normal. I also had an almost positive looking OPK this month, the test line was *almost* as dark as the control line, then out of curiosity I took another OPK a day ago and the test line was very very faint, so something must be going right. Its just so frustrating.

it is, and TTC can be a tough journey. :hugs:
After i came off the pill, i started charting and thats when i learned more about my cycle than ever! Like you, my cycles were the same amount of days each month so i just assumed my hormones were back to normal. However i was wrong! the thing that changed was ovualtion day. For instance, my first cycle off BCPs, i Ov. on CD20, the next cycle (was after a MC) i Ov. on CD19, and this last cycle i Ov. on CD 18, so it seems that you can still have the same days in a cycle, but when Ov. happens can vary and that is a very important key. It also appears that my hormones are getting back to normal after BCPs, even know (docs said MC wouldn't have an effect on it, but BCPs would, or at least in my case)

To have an "almost positive" OPK does not count. A woman will always have luetinizing hormone in her system, however, the most is there at Ov. you could have very well ov. but its not considered positive until the line is as dark or darker than Ov. Are you charting or anything? It takes some work, but I know it has helped me immensely in getting pregnant.

I try charting temps and whatnot, but its so hard to remember to take your temp before doing anything else, lol.

According to my RE (who I trust very much) BCPs are out of your system very quickly. He said that it is a myth that it takes months to go back to "normal". It seems hard to believe but he felt very strongly about this. I think a lot of times BCPs mask other problems that we women have and that is why some people blame the BCPs? I don't know but thought maybe that would give you some comfort!!

I think if you started atleast temping (I know its hard) for a couple cycles you'd be able to conceive rather quickly. Like Guppy says you've only been trying since September and it takes normal healthy couples about a year to conceive on average so I think you're doing fine hun. I know its frustrating but that why you have your BnB girls!! :hugs:

oh yeah, forgot to mention that my LP was messed up after BCPs. It was only 9-10 days the first cycle off, the next cycle it was 10 days, this last cycle it was 11 days. Now according to my readings, the LP should be consistent and the only thing that changes in a cycle is when you Ov. So yes, BCPs are out of your system quickly but it does have effects on the body. Your body needs to figure out how to produce the hormones because its been on synthetic ones and didnt have to. So yes, i agree that BCPs is out of your system quickly, however, there is [indirect] proof that BCP can make one take longer to fall pregnant. If you have a short LP (that BCPs CAN cause) then your bean can't implant and you get a period, hence you dont get pregnant. Its not really the BCPs, per say, that cause the problem, its just that your body has to get used to producing its own hormones again (because it had been getting synthetic hormones).

Resources:

My OB
My home nurse
My family physican
the internet
& my charts

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/Fertility-After-Oral-Contraceptives.html

https://www.bubhub.com.au/community/forums/showthread.php?t=243369

https://www1.epinions.com/kifm-review-1E5E-64B24F5-3A2B30C4-prod1

I had just posted a thread about I didnt know if AF was here or not, well now she is :growlmad:. I just feel like hubby and I have been TTC forever, and I know my weight has to be part of the issue (I should loose like 30lbs). If we do go back to waiting however, I need to be back on some sort of BC cause we dont use condoms, I felt like being on the pill was sort of the problem that we couldnt conceive, so should i get on a low dose or something? Pill suggestions would be great. I was on Yaz which didn't work for me and then was put on to Yasmin.

hey hun i dont have to much advice for you because i would be in the same situation if we waited. but you may want to look up YAZ becuase they have had commercials about it saying its causing health problems or something like that. i dont listen to it to much

So I can start temping tomorrow? Will a digi thermometer work? Lol, it seems complicated...its those charts, lol.

no. you have to use a basal body thermometer. They are super cheap and next to the regular ones :)
You can start charting tomorrow, but generally your first day of your cycle starts the first day of a full AF. So just make sure you start a new cycle when you get the :witch: (if you get AF :winkwink:) Good luck hun!
There is a chart stalkers group on here, and im sure that they would love to help ya :friends:

Also, what makes it hard is that I am young! I am 20 and hubby is 22 (2 years and 2 days apart :] ). Yes we are young but we are also both very ready for this. But I am young so it seems like I should be healthy! I got on BC a few months after I turned 18 and got off 2 years and 2 months later.

being that age is an ADVANTAGE!
I am 21 and my DH is 22, so i understand where you are coming from. We are at the best fertility peak than anyone else on this thread! But at the same time, there are so many things that have to happen at the right time and place in order to get pregnant. It will happen. I think charting will do you well! Many people just arn't timing :sex: right and thats why it takes so long. So im sure once you start charting, you will fall quicker. Becaues then you know when to :sex:. in reality you are only fertile for 5ish days a cycle and the egg only lasts 12ish hours after dropping, so its actually pretty hard to catch the eggy. Let your age work for you :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->