Wondering if I should move to WTT

oh yeah, forgot to mention that my LP was messed up after BCPs. It was only 9-10 days the first cycle off, the next cycle it was 10 days, this last cycle it was 11 days. Now according to my readings, the LP should be consistent and the only thing that changes in a cycle is when you Ov. So yes, BCPs are out of your system quickly but it does have effects on the body. Your body needs to figure out how to produce the hormones because its been on synthetic ones and didnt have to. So yes, i agree that BCPs is out of your system quickly, however, there is [indirect] proof that BCP can make one take longer to fall pregnant. If you have a short LP (that BCPs CAN cause) then your bean can't implant and you get a period, hence you dont get pregnant. Its not really the BCPs, per say, that cause the problem, its just that your body has to get used to producing its own hormones again (because it had been getting synthetic hormones).

Resources:

My OB
My home nurse
My family physican
the internet
& my charts

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/Fertility-After-Oral-Contraceptives.html

https://www.bubhub.com.au/community/forums/showthread.php?t=243369

https://www1.epinions.com/kifm-review-1E5E-64B24F5-3A2B30C4-prod1

Definitely not trying to start a debate. You didn't have to site sources.

sorry i wasn't trying to aim that to you.
I apoligize if that's how it came across.
I was giving her a couple of those as it can be hard to deal with and those sites were helpful to me. It wasn't geared towards you at all. I just wanted to let her know who she could talk to and what she could if LP was a problem (which it may not be :)):friends:
Sorry again. xxx

Hey girls, just having a read before I go to bed. Guppy what you are saying actually makes a lot of sense. I had been on the pill for well over 12/13 years lol...little older than you guys (32) but I feel like in my fourth month off the pill, TTC that I finally may have a chance. I started to get my periods right away on schedule but my body and hormones were totally mixed up like you explained, didnt know what was going on...actually was having BC withdrawl symptoms too.
2 of my girlfriends were on the pill the same amount of time as I was, conceived on their 4th month and one of her docs told her not to try for 3 months minimum.
So interesting, anyway, this is my 4th cycle and testing in a couple of days so fx'd for a BFP before Christmas.
xx

I hope all of you lovely ladies get your BFP soon!
Best of luck to you all
I am going to bed as well. Good night

PS anyone else have snow dumping on them? We have a foot here!

No, the snow storm skipped over us surprisingly, considering we live in chicago, lol. we are supposed to get 1-2 inches tonight, but thats nothing.

I had just posted a thread about I didnt know if AF was here or not, well now she is :growlmad:. I just feel like hubby and I have been TTC forever, and I know my weight has to be part of the issue (I should loose like 30lbs). If we do go back to waiting however, I need to be back on some sort of BC cause we dont use condoms, I felt like being on the pill was sort of the problem that we couldnt conceive, so should i get on a low dose or something? Pill suggestions would be great. I was on Yaz which didn't work for me and then was put on to Yasmin.

You've already received such good advice, but I suppose I can still add to it. If I were you, I wouldn't take any birth control. If you don't want to be pregnant right now, you could do Natural Family Planning. It sounds like if you did actually get pregnant it wouldn't be such a terrible thing. Or you could do like someone suggested: ntnp. And even if you continue to TTC, you could work on losing weight at the same time, considering it can take awhile to catch the egg.

You can continue to workout throughout pregnancy (although it's not the time to try to lose weight) to stay healthy. And after delivery you can kick it up a notch to lose the extra weight. I doubt weight is a factor...skinny people can take just as long to conceive.:hi:

Good luck to you!:dust:

I know there's plenty of advice here but I wanted to add my best friend who is about 110 pounds and has been ntnp (she doesn't chart or anything they just don't use protection and :sex: all the time) for a little over a year and hasn't fallen pg yet so skinny people have just as much trouble as us bigger girls!! I think Guppy and the other lovely ladies have given you great advice. Age is definately on our side (I'm 22 and H2B is 24), your chances of getting pregnant drop significantly at 30 and start to drop at 25 so don't be discouraged by age dear!! Start charting and getting to know your cycle like the back of your hand and you'll have a bump in no time!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->