Wondering if we BD enough during ovulation? Can anyone help?

Stella918

mother of 1
Reaction score
So we are TTC #2 and I started using ovulation strips since the day after my period. We BD every other day until I finally got a positive OPK on CD12. We BDd on CD12 (first positive in pm) and on CD13 (positive in am and pm) and then unfortunately got into a fight on CD14 (negative OPK, line was fading in am) so we didn't BD. What are my chances? I'm so ticked we were fighting and missed the day after my positive OPK. And now I'm worried we didn't BD enough. Any tips? Words of confidence? I'm really hoping I get a BFP in two weeks!!!

Hi! First, you two are super cute in your pic. Second, you two have EXCELLENT timing. One day of not BDing is not only fine but actually good. Some people say two days before O is best as it gives time for the :spermy: to get in there and be hanging around waiting. My last cycle and bfp my timing was O-3, O, and O+1. So you definitely are good. Don't stress. :) FXed and baby dust! Hope the fight is over.

Now the science...
As for technicalities. You O 24-36 hours after the START of your rise and 12-24 after your PEAK. So if you are testing multiple times a day, you can probably tell when you start and peak. For example, I ALWAYS start in the afternoon and peak late morning/early afternoon the day after no matter the length of my surge (though it is usually just 2 days). I always O the late evening/early morning of my peak day.

As for spermies, they can live 3-5 days so you are good to go.

Hi! First, you two are super cute in your pic. Second, you two have EXCELLENT timing. One day of not BDing is not only fine but actually good. Some people say two days before O is best as it gives time for the :spermy: to get in there and be hanging around waiting. My last cycle and bfp my timing was O-3, O, and O+1. So you definitely are good. Don't stress. :) FXed and baby dust! Hope the fight is over.

Now the science...
As for technicalities. You O 24-36 hours after the START of your rise and 12-24 after your PEAK. So if you are testing multiple times a day, you can probably tell when you start and peak. For example, I ALWAYS start in the afternoon and peak late morning/early afternoon the day after no matter the length of my surge (though it is usually just 2 days). I always O the late evening/early morning of my peak day.

As for spermies, they can live 3-5 days so you are good to go.

Omg thank you!!! I've been so nervous about it! You seriously are a lifesaver!! Thank you thank you! One more question. Today is my second day with a negative OPK (last night was the fight and no BD) do you think we should BD tonight? I'm exhausted and had a big week at work so I really want to go to sleep lol. However if it will get me a BFP I'll wake myself up lol! Does two days after a positive OPK matter? Thanks again! You are a lifesaver!

Personally, I think you are fine skipping tonight with your timing. If you can muster up the strength, do it. But you probably already Oed. I'd just do it to cover your O+1 day. You can sleep tomorrow ;). Have you considered temping? Takes a lot of guesswork out of things.

That's what I was thinking too ;) maybe we should just to be safe! I haven't, but I honestly don't know much about it? How does it work? If you've got the time to tell! :)

Go get some bd ;)

Temping advice/ procedure
It's really simple. People make a big stink out of it, but it's not bad at all. You need basal body thermometer (basically it reads to the hundredths instead of to the tenth like regular therms) and a chart to keep track (apps like Fertility Friend or Ovia are popular). You can pick them up at most stores. I buy mine from Target. It's by the pregnancy tests not the therms for colds and was about $12. I temp orally, but some people like to temp vaginally since it is more reliable. I find oral just fine (the dirty joke I want to make lol). You basically take your bbt (Resting temp). What makes it challenging is you need three hours of sleep and have to take it at the same time. I take mine at 5am since that's when I set my first alarm for work. Alarm goes off, I snooze it (I snooze like 3-5x before I get up haha) but take my temp. I don't even open my eyes before the therm beeps. Leave it on my nightstand. Take my temp, enter it on my Fertility Friend app, then go back to sleep. Same thing on weekends. Alarm goes off at 5am, take my temp, go back to bed until like 7-9am depending how tired I am. If I wake up in the middle of the night, I'll temp and make a note in my notes that I woke up, whether I got up, what my temp was. I'm lucky that waking up/getting up once does not affect my temp. The more you temp, the more you know what to expect. I know how drinking, waking up, BD... all that affects my morning's temp.

What it all means
Your temp goes through patterns specific to you, but fairly predictable. For example...
- Women might see a drop in temp before O. Mine can vary from day of to a few days before or both.
- After O, your temp rises .4 degrees F or more. Seeing elevated temps for three days confirms O.
- Women may see fluctuations after they O due to a secondary estrogen surge (mine creeps in between 4-6dpo) or implantation (6-9dpo is most common).
- Your temp will remain high during your lp, and will drop to signal AF. I have had everything from a slow decline down starting as early as 10/11 dpo to not dropping until 12dpo when I get pre-af spotting.
- I think it's 18 days of high post O temps usually (not always but pretty darn good chances) of pregnancy

Oh and if you are a visual learner, you can click on the chart in my sig. I just got over a loss but before that I was TTC for 7 cycles. I temped and did OPKs for all of them. You can check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->