Won't get my car seat after all :(

BrandiCanucks

Mommy of 4, WTT
Reaction score
I bought a Peg Perego car seat a few weeks ago and it was shipped in from the other side of the country because it was the last one left in that colour. The colour has been discontinued by the manufacturer. I've had it for about a week now and was SOOOOO excited to get the LAST ONE in all of Canada.

I noticed this morning that it was missing the anti rebound bar, a critical piece for proper safe use and called Peg Perego, who said they would ship out a new anti rebound bar for me, no problem. The gentleman I spoke with also advised me to call the store and give them the heads up about the missing piece. He asked me to look around the seat for the bar, saying it is usually stored underneath the infant seat straps. It wasn't there. But while looking, I also discovered that the manufacture date of the car seat (colour was Mentha) was September 2014, and the manufacture date of the base was April 2015, and listed that it was for a different seat (specifically outlined a different colour). No anti rebound bar was found, so he said to send pictures of the different dates and a photo of the registration card by email and they would ship one to me ASAP. I also called the customer service line of the store I ordered it from who said they would call their Peg Perego contact for some answers, but I needed to email them photos of the missing bar and the different dates on the base and seat.

About 4 hours later, I received a phone call from Customer Service of the store I purchased it from. They initially were going to send my email to Peg Perego to investigate and get some answers. The manager decided to investigate within the stores first.

They found that a customer HAD purchased this seat before but when they returned it, they had kept the base. The store then replaced this car seat's base with one from a Pois Grey and because the anti rebound bar is stored under the car seats straps, that is why the anti rebound bar was missing from this seat. They didn't put that in the box with it.

This practice violates their standard code of practice, which is once a seat is sold, it's Final Sale, even if it's 5 minutes later and they're still standing in the store. The manager of the Ontario warehouse has filed a complaint with the BC warehouse to reprimand the BC store for not only going against this code, but also failing to report what they did.

In exchange for the inconvenience, the store has agreed to send me a whole new seat, and also given me a $25 off coupon code for the store for my next purchase. I expected the seat to be replaced, but the company has gone above what I expected by offering the coupon as well. I'm still sad though because I had my heart set on this colour and it's a discontinued colour, so I won't be able to get that colour again. I've decided to get Fleur if it's a girl (pink) or Aquamarine if it's a boy, but I won't be finding out. My best friend will know so she'll give them a call in a few weeks when she finds out what the baby is so she can get the correct colour for me.

So, if you had $25 to spend for Baby, what would you buy?

What store was this? I also live in BC and was planning on getting a peg perego car seat...

What a crazy situation!

The seat came from Baby World in Coquitlam. The Ontario stores are called Snugglebugz, and they here are doing what they came to make up for what Baby World did.

Really?? It's babys world where I've been looking. The staff seemed so great when I was there, I've always had such great customer service.

They must have warehouse issues though. My friend bought the 2014 uppa baby vista there, on sale, and they accidentally sent her the 2015. So obviously she said nothing, since she got a better, newer stroller. But they still sent her the wrong thing.

I'm a little nervous about buying from there now, I guess if I order far enough in advance hopefully I'm ok?

That's the thing. When the London, ON store told me that the Coquitlam store had the last one in Mentha, I called the store directly to confirm. The manager said he would put it on hold for me and get in touch with the Ontario warehouse. The car seat came directly from the store.

I wouldn't say DON'T buy from there, but ask to make sure all the correct parts are in the box before purchasing the car seat since car seats are final sale. Check and be sure the anti rebound bar is under the infant seat belt, and that the manufacture dates and model number for the base and car seat match (the gentleman at Peg said they could be as far as 8 weeks off, since it takes some time to travel from Italy, but the base should have the correct seat colour and be no more than 8 weeks off the manufacture date of the car seat itself)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->