wont sleep in moses basket?

katie_bump

Reaction score
Any tips on settling him? He wont let us put him down to sleep, screams straight away when put down no matter how tired or asleep he seems :coffee:

My lo is 5 weeks and stil a bit like this but he is getting better. we sometimes have to rock him to sleep in his car seat then when he is sound asleep put him in crib. they are so tiny at that age and the world is a scary place. also we put padding around crib to make it a bit smaller. they will grow out of it. hugs x

I still have this at 5months, lol. The first few weeks all LO wants is skin to skin contact and there's no harm in them having it. If it gets too much try switching onto OH, it worked for us.

It could be a number of things, my now 6 week old baby girl was like that for the first few days, she is breastfed and wasnt getting enough milk, so would suck and sleep off, once i put her down then she'll wake up and want to suck some more.....He might have wind and only feels good when he's being carried upright....or might just like the warmth of your body, and doesnt want to go on the cold moses basket...try warming up the mattress with a hot waterbottle before putting him in......keep on trying to put him in the basket, he'll change..Hugs:)

Do you swaddle him?

You could try warming the basket before you put him in ( I used a hot water bottle for about ten mins before i put him down )

You could try putting a blanket in that has your smell on..

My LO has only really started to sleep better these past few weeks, the only thing that has worked is swaddling him, I bought a "miracle blanket" off ebay and its worked wonders!!

Xx

What help is is playing white noise to him, putting him in his moses basket/cot when he was calm and relax but still awake and patting him till he fell asleep. It doesn;t work every time, but its getting better.

Also try propping the head of the mattress up a bit so its a bit of a slant that can help.

Aidan is 8 weeks + no matter how tired he is, if he falls asleep + u put him in his moses basket during the day he is wide awake within 30 seconds, the only time he sleeps in it is when he goes down at nite but when he wakes for his 1st feed he wont go back down i it and will only sleep in our bed. but ive put a pillow in it to make him feel secure + gradually hes starting to sleep in it longer at nite but still no joy during the day

thanks ladies i know its still early days but just thought id see if anyone had any advice anyways, had him sleeping in with us for abit last night as he just wouldnt settle. Ah well we'll try again tonight..

We and a few other friends gave up on the basket and my LO sleeps in her cot thingy from the pram, sit sits on the moses basket stand fine!

Connah was the same,he would not sleep in the moses at all.The reason was,we think,is that he was waking himself up by kicking the sides of it.
In the end we put him in his own room in his cot.x

My little boy is nearly 10 weeks old and does not like sleeping in his basket during the day, but is fine in there at night.Not sure why but I guess I should be happy he at least goes in there at night.He sleeps on me during the day, which makes it impossible to get things done!!

This drove me mad, trying to figure out why H would sleep in one basket and not the other ...

We had to raise the head end of the mattress, use a softer mattress (wrapped the original one in a blanket under the sheet) and we keep her wrapped in a blanket or sleeping bag so the basket doesn't feel like a huge change in temperature compared to being cuddled.

HTH x

Thanks for all the advice ladies.. LO slept in his moses basket last night for the first time and is snoozing away in there now :) So proud!

Attachments

• Snapshot_20091228.jpg
    Snapshot_20091228.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back