Woo Hoo cd1!!!! Charting help please.....

LittleMum

Mum to 22 mth old and ttc
Reaction score
Yay am actually so excited about seeing AF after a 35 day cycle as means my body is dealing with coming off BC!

I bought some cheapo ovulation tests off amazon can someone please advise me on how and when to use them as want to see if I am actually ovulating after coming off the pill.

Do I start using them the day my period stops? Do you have to use FMU? Etc etc
Help please ladies

Since its your first time using opk I'd say start testing around CD12. Check with second morning urine and then in the evening. Just control fluid intake 2 hours before testing in the evening.

I just finished a long cycle too, never been so happy to bleed in my life! I think I would start around CD 10-12 and continue through CD 20 to be safe. The OPKs also sometimes give you directions on when to use them to get the best results. GL!

I start testing around CD9-10, but I have 25-26 day cycles and normally O on CD12-13.

You don't need to use FMU, and it would also help if you chart your temps. I use Fertility Friend religiously. :D

Fmu is no good for opks as your body accumulates LH through the day the best time to test is between 10am and 8pm and preferably twice a day.
Good luck!

Ok!!
I'm cycle day 2. I'm with you!! This will be our month!!
I had a early mis in June. Last month was our first month ttc since then.
Haven't been monitoring but really would love my bfp for
Xmas.
I just ordered a kit from eBay that has a thermometer and opk.
I have a 26 day cycle. I think I'm gonna start on day 7.. I think
I ov day 10 last month but not sure.
Not really sure how to temp but can't hurt!
Baby dust!! ����������

I start testing around CD9-10, but I have 25-26 day cycles and normally O on CD12-13.

You don't need to use FMU, and it would also help if you chart your temps. I use Fertility Friend religiously. :D

Ok sounds stupid but how do I chart temps? What am I looking for??
Also, my ovulation kits didn't come with instructions but do they normally give you a positive week before ovulation date or just on the day? As obviously its more important for us to be sure we're dtd leading up to it rather than waiting and possibly missing it.

Need an idiot guide please girls

Ok sounds stupid but how do I chart temps? What am I looking for??
Also, my ovulation kits didn't come with instructions but do they normally give you a positive week before ovulation date or just on the day? As obviously its more important for us to be sure we're dtd leading up to it rather than waiting and possibly missing it.

Need an idiot guide please girls

Temping is very easy, as soon as you wake up in the morning take it and enter it into fertility friend (sign up is free and you get 1 month VIP which includes all the extras, after the 1 month it goes back to the basic membership)

My chart is attached so you can look at mine if you want!

Opks tend to give a positive day before o day however I sometimes get 2 days of +opk and then ovulate day after the last +opk but some people ovulate day of +opk! I tend to test starting cd10 once a day until I start to see lines appear and then I will test 2/3 times a day (using internet cheapies) and on ff (fertility friend) on the notes section, I note the times of the +opk.

I'm on cycle 32 lol so I'm a dab hand at all this charting and opk malarkey! Feel free to private message me!

What should I expect my temp to do leading up to ovulation?

With temping, you'll generally see a pattern of low temps, then high. It's not so useful in predicting ovulation, but it will confirm for you that it took place and when. You'll see your temps go up after ovulation and stay high until AF arrives, or a little before. The individual temps are not as important as the pattern that emerges. Some women will see a dip in temperature on the day of ovulation, but many don't (I don't), so that's not generally a reliable indicator of ovulation.

OPK's and CM are usually a better way to predict when you'll ovulate.

Good luck :) :)

Temps only confirm that you have ovulated. While opks give you a headstart. The combination of both is great while ttc :thumbup:

Your temp would be pretty low until ovulation, at which point your temps would increase by .3 degrees or more and stay that way until AF arrives

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->