• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

WOO HOO! OPK'S!!! (and question)

Pux

Ryley's Mom
Reaction score
My OPK's are in the mail on their way!!! I'm going to nail down my O-date if it kills me!!!

So my question: Why can't I use FMU?

You're supposed to POAS around the same time everyday but also supposed to not have gone to the washroom for 4 hours. I have a wicked-small bladder and can't hold it for 4 hours and the only consistent time that would work for me (due to my wonky work schedules) is first thing in the morning...
Or should I do them twice a day (I've seen some people do this... not sure if it works?)

FX for me this month!

I did not know you could not use FMU. I have never used OPKs, I think I would get too excited with the two lines. :rofl: POAS mind and all I would think it was a HPT. I have heard a lot of people do them twice a day because sometimes the surge is late at night and can only last a short while. I really hope the next test you post is not an evap and is instead a really really dark :bfp:

My understanding is that you tend to have your LH surge in the evening and if you only test in the morning you may miss it. I would test once a day until they start going darker then twice a day to be sure 2pm ish is supposed to be the best time. I don't think it has to be bang on 4 hours just as long as you can and don't drink too much liquid. Hope that helps a bit.

I do it at around 11.30ish (my lunch hour) and then again at 4ish if I have seen a slight line/I'm due to OV. Apparently LH isn't synthesised into the urine until after 10am-ish.

with fertility monitors u use FMU but this messures ur estrogen, the opk messure ur LH surge and its stronger in the afternoon, i to find it hard not2go2the loo for 4hrs!! but the first opk i tried were cbe and there were fab ! the internet cheapies need stronger urine,if u av problems get more sensitive ones :) GL x

I really hope the next test you post is not an evap and is instead a really really dark :bfp:

You can't get evaps with OPK's!!!??? That's no fun!:dohh::rofl:

(Admit it: you love my evaps!!!)

hehe ive been OPKing for 3 months my OPKs say that you cant test in the morning because the LH hormone is acustomed to your wee.

Small bladder runs in my family its terrible i can go to the loo 3 times an hour at some points! i usually test around 4pm after being out for half an hour or so. as long as you need to wee im sure its enough LOL

Enjoy the peeing!

Here you go chick...worth a read.

https://www.peeonastick.com/opkfaq.html

To be honest I've never worried about a 4 hour hold.....bit too muh for me too, and I've had a whole week of positive's last week lol!

hi, in first morning urine, the hormone opk's pick up on is synthesized so you either wont show a result, or you won't show an accurate one. however the peak time for testing on opk stick is between 12 and 8pm (with the best time between 2-2:30pm).

you should test at the same time each day however the surge can be short (e.g. 12 hours) and you could miss it so ideally you should test once in early afternoon and once in late eve/early night each day.

if it's awkward to test at work (which for me it is!!) the best compromise is to test the minute you get home, at say 5:30 each day. try to set yourself a target of having your last wee and cup of tea/water by a certain time that's realistic for you before testing time, as the urine needs to be concentrated and you mustn't dilute it with fluids.

for example, you could test around 5:30pm daily, and set a target of last wee and drink before testing at 2:30 or 3pm...

give the opk's a full 5-10 mins to develop any results (the control line appears almost instantly but test line takes a few mins longer usually) and check your instructions as to the latest to accurately read them by (mine says not to read after 30 mins)

hope this helps...happy weeing :)

I really hope the next test you post is not an evap and is instead a really really dark :bfp:

You can't get evaps with OPK's!!!??? That's no fun!:dohh::rofl:

(Admit it: you love my evaps!!!)

Yeah, you do have some pretty good ones but I think I had few good ones too. :rofl:
Keep your OPK and see if you can get an evap on that too because then I would really have to =D> that is talent right there. :rofl:

I used them today for the first time too
internet cheapies
First one I done had the dark line then the test line was there but only light and the instructions said it has to be the same shade or darker to be a positive, so obviously I took this as a neg.
Two hours later, like you do, I poas again and there it was just ask dark as the other line, so yeah hey I must be due to ov any day

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

P.S
I could seriously get addicted to poas

hi, in first morning urine, the hormone opk's pick up on is synthesized so you either wont show a result, or you won't show an accurate one. however the peak time for testing on opk stick is between 12 and 8pm (with the best time between 2-2:30pm).

you should test at the same time each day however the surge can be short (e.g. 12 hours) and you could miss it so ideally you should test once in early afternoon and once in late eve/early night each day.

if it's awkward to test at work (which for me it is!!) the best compromise is to test the minute you get home, at say 5:30 each day. try to set yourself a target of having your last wee and cup of tea/water by a certain time that's realistic for you before testing time, as the urine needs to be concentrated and you mustn't dilute it with fluids.

for example, you could test around 5:30pm daily, and set a target of last wee and drink before testing at 2:30 or 3pm...

give the opk's a full 5-10 mins to develop any results (the control line appears almost instantly but test line takes a few mins longer usually) and check your instructions as to the latest to accurately read them by (mine says not to read after 30 mins)

hope this helps...happy weeing :)

Lol

You are like our (BnB's) resident fertility expert!!!! :) You must have done an awful lot of research!

I got them today!!!!
I got 50 opk's and 10 HPT's and in all my excitement of getting them and getting to pee on something I ran to the washroom and ripped a packeage open and dipped (I pee in a cup )
And... turns out that I am not pregnant on CD 6!!!!
I peed on the wrong stick!!! :( I wasted a perfectly good HPT!

You know you have a problem when....

LOL! I am an addict! Check out my journal - I was using them twice a day for a while just to make sure that I didn't miss it. And then when I thought I was getting closer I did more. I am a junkie - nice to meet you!

I got them today!!!!
I got 50 opk's and 10 HPT's and in all my excitement of getting them and getting to pee on something I ran to the washroom and ripped a packeage open and dipped (I pee in a cup )

:rofl:

I got them today!!!!

YOU ARE HILARIOUS!!!!:rofl:
man.... that made me laugh! thanks!

I'm glad my stupidity entertains people! I told my mom this and she almost peed her pants. I told her: "I'm glad you think it's funny! That's a whole dollar down the drain.... or should I say toilet!"

Seriously.... who pees on the wrong stick?!?!?!?

PMSL Pux! :rofl::headspin:

I do it at around 11.30ish (my lunch hour) and then again at 4ish if I have seen a slight line/I'm due to OV. Apparently LH isn't synthesised into the urine until after 10am-ish.

Yeah, I test at similar times too, have so far had good results on the cheapy OPK's (ebay ones but similar to yours i think) I also notice a fade in pattern until they go positive. Now I just need the matching BFP!!!!

Good luck with ur OPK's Pux, they become quite addictive!!! :D

I think I'll start on CD10 and if I start work @ 1pm I'll test before I go to work and if I am doing a day shift I'll do it when I get home @ 5:30.

(I have separated my sticks so not to have this happen again!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"