Woohoo doppler has arrived....tips please

salander

Reaction score
My hi bebe heart monitor has arrived at my mums so i'm going to pick it up tomoz. Have been reading that it can be some time before finding the babs heartbeat. Any tips for finding it?

Woohoo so excited!!

down low ive heard try around teh bottow of your belly not around the middle i couldnt tell you personally because ive never had 1 of my own! didnt want to look and run x

sooooooo exciting, I LOVE mine. Point it downwards and then change the angle as it depends how baby is lying, if you can hear it faintly hold it there for minute as baby may move and then it gets really loud. I am so excited for you, I am a bit addicted to mine as hearing it makes me so happy. Let us know how you get on :hugs: xx

My biggest tip is NOT to worry if you can't find the heartbeat right away. Babies hide in all different places :o) I've had a doppler since Christmas and use it a few times a week and even now sometimes my little girl is difficult to find (i'm almost 18 weeks). Also, make sure you use LOADS of ultrasound gel as it really does help and try very low down, as in low low! Lol. I usually find my babba's heart beat directly on the pubic bone, maybe sometimes a little off to the side. How many weeks are you?

start LOW down...like pubic line! take your time and move it across slowly! I use baby oil as well to make it move a bit more smoothly! :flower:

I love mine but find I Do need to use ultrasound gel to hear better. I have the angel sound one. X

The lower the better! First time I found LO heartbeat at 16 wks it was really low like below my bikini line. And it moves around loads! Good luck, x

Ooh thanks girls so excited!! I'm 15 wks 1 day today so i know it could be too early to find it. So i promise i won't panic if i don't find it. Got mw appt on thurs for my 16 wk appt so hoping she'll have a go anyway.
thanks for the advice, will go in low and plenty of gel! :)
ps will let yas know how i get on, will be having a go this afternoon x

I first found mine at 11 weeks. I was searching so low down for about half and hour and after moving it just above the bikini line, i found it straight away! :) I use my doppler everyday, and baby moves around so much. Sometimes i find it way over to the left, sometimes all way over to the right!! :happydance:

Yesterday morning, i found it right in the middle of my hip bones, and this morning, i woke with a huge hard bump in my upper belly - just below my bellybutton, and found it there! :happydance: So funny finding out where babe is!

Good luck, take your time with it and don't worry if you can't find the heartbeat straight away - like i said, i was searching for over half and hour first time! :thumbup: Its so amazing and so wondeful when you first hear it! :happydance: xx

Slowly does it, I got mine on Thursday and first time I couldn't find baby. Second time I worked from middle of my pubic bone outwards. My placenta is at the front so when I discovered it at the right I went looking on the left. I use baby oil rather than u/s gel, you can also use KYjelly or the like. Happy hunting, it's the most beautiful sound when you find it!

Didn't know how to put update on my title so just did another thread but I found the heartbeat. It was so easy to find just dead on centre above public line. I was so chuffed!!!
And!!! It took me literally couple of mins to find it. Got my heartbeat at first so had a bit more of a play around and found it. Nice strong heartbeat, mummy is very very happy :)
Thanks again for the advice girlies xx

i use mine everyday ..i always find it right near the top of the pubic bone

Aw they're fab aren't they. Thought it might be too early so was prepared not to find it but to find it so quickly. Yay!!

Didn't know how to put update on my title so just did another thread but I found the heartbeat. It was so easy to find just dead on centre above public line. I was so chuffed!!!
And!!! It took me literally couple of mins to find it. Got my heartbeat at first so had a bit more of a play around and found it. Nice strong heartbeat, mummy is very very happy :)
Thanks again for the advice girlies xx

Woo!! :happydance: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"