wool question

sahara

Me, my OH and DD Nicola
Reaction score
I have bought longies and I I need a some advice about lanolising and general care. Also can i use them during the day instead of a wrap?

The ones I have bought the knit seems to be gappy around the crotch as if the knit is looser - stretched with wear. Will this affect their function at all or will they be ok as long as they are well lanolised

thanks xxx

For care, I've been working on using up our laninsoh for lanolinising. I probably use more than what's really needed, but I usually dissolve about 1/2tsp in hot water with a bit of baby wash and let them soak overnight (don't have to leave them that long, but that seems to be working for us). In the morning I squeeze them out and leave them to dry. We haven't had to deal with poop on them (yet! probably just jinxed myself) but a bit of olive oil soap is supposed to be a good cleaner for wool :shrug: I know most people use wool washes, but like I said, we're working on using up out laninsoh first- hth :flower:

You could definitely use them as a daytime wrap too- that's mostly how I use our longies. I wouldn't worry too much about leg gap either- the fitted napyy underneath should absorb the pee, so it shouldn't run out the legs :)

i use woolite to wash, its in the washing powder section of supermarkets, then same as kaites said to lanolise, except i put mine on a spin cycle in my washer after theyve soaked and they dry within a day as opposed to the weeks it took me beforehand lol x

i didn't realise i could use lansinoh, i bought woolies when i did cloth with Ethan but never used any because i couldn't be faffed with buying lanolin, etc :dohh: i had a big tube which wasn't getting used too :dohh:

when my lanolin runs out i think i'll be using my lansinoh and wool wash can be the scent!

thanks ladies - chuffed about the lanisoh as i have quite abit left over. how much would i need to use x

I read a "pea-sized" amount somewhere but I'm paranoid that isn't enough, so I usually use lots more (like a marble sized amount- maybe 1/2 tsp?)

oh i forgot to answer your questions about gappiness. Noah's shorties seem a bit loose in the crotch but we've never had any leaks and i've worn him out in the sling with them on too :) i think the other mamas at the tots group thought i was a bit odd though but that's nothing new LOL. Oh and the shorties were brand new, so gappiness might not be from stretching with use

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->