woolwich

leannejkl

Reaction score
where i live 5 mins down the road, they are calling it a terriost attack has happened... it is a very nasty and sickening thing thats happened...

all i am doing now is looking at my baby and i feel so angry and cross i had her, i should not have brought a baby into this bad world. i feel things are going to get worse, i worry for her safety for everything, i feel so upset that i have brought her into something bad... i hate how this world has become :(

Its absolutely disgusting and some of worst news footage I have seen. Just so sad. Some pure evil in the world. They dont deserve rights. A disgrace :(

Oh hun, I can't imagine how unsettling that must be happening so close to home. I know what you mean about bringing babies into this world. Babies have been born into worse worlds though, such as when the world wars were on. I think there's so many scary things out there but it shouldn't stop us from having children, just push us on to always protect them x

It is horrific news but the world hasn't become like this? There's always been brutal horrible people in the world and sadly always will be.

It's awful. Shocking how two men can do that to another human being x

Somethings have changed though. I dont think 50yrs ago a solider would be attacked in broad day light outside a school :(

I do. 50 years ago we had the kkk lynching black people off trees. 80 years ago we had nazis gassing Jews.

Very true but wtf you would think a serving solider would be respected. Ugh, I don't know. Its so shocking. Everytime you think the news shocks you, something else happens. Killing him was bad enough but the attack was sick. Pure evil.

It was. How come people know he was a soldier btw? Was he in uniform?

What's happened? I've seen something on facebook but don't know what it is. The news doesn't have it on right now

The world hasnt changed, media is just quicker to report it now.

Horrific things happen every single day to innocent people (Syria for example), none of it is ok but its always happened.

RIP to this poor guy.

It makes me weep for the next generation and my babies... i live bout an hour away from Woolwich but makes me feel disgusted that things like this happen in broad daylight...

^ and what happened is horrific too, an attack is hideous regardless, but why so brutal :( Justice will never ever be served either will it.

I dont think there is any real justice for things like this sadly :(

I think our reaction shows how the world isn't becoming a worse place but how we are becoming much more civilised thus more shocked by these things, there would have been a time killings such as this would be more common, you only have to see less developed countries to see that, so as appalling as it is, it doesn't demonstrate the negative of what the world is coming to, but the shock and rarity shows where we have come from.

RIP poor soldier, my husband was on guard duty at a military base in West London when it happened today and my blood ran cold when I heard, I hope he's allowed to be armed on the gate tomorrow. (I know the soldier wasn't on duty).

Just awful.

Marinewag :hugs: it must be particularly hard to see when you have a serving partner/family especially when Woolwich is not a million miles away from you.

Poor guy and his family.

And I agree, awful things have always happened we just see everything so quickly and so graphic these days. I wish I'd not just seen the photo of the killer with blood on his hands.

I always wonder about the regular Muslims, the ones who are just as disgusted with them doing in the name of Islam, how they get treated by people after these sort of attacks? They're in the firing line for people's anger as they're so identifiable.
Anger is just breeding more and more anger, I just hope there's no backlash now from anyone.

Too much horridness to read about these days.

An absolutely disgusting and horrendous murder - why attack the soldiers? Soldiers don't dictate where our political agendas lie. I wish they wouldn't label this a 'terrorist attack' - continual use of that term fuels the delusion that this act involves a degree of being some sort of martyr. It's a pure and simple unjustifiable murder. If someone shouted 'I'm gonna see Jesus now!' they'd be labelled as a madman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->