woolwich

An absolutely disgusting and horrendous murder - why attack the soldiers? Soldiers don't dictate where our political agendas lie. I wish they wouldn't label this a 'terrorist attack' - continual use of that term fuels the delusion that this act involves a degree of being some sort of martyr. It's a pure and simple unjustifiable murder. If someone shouted 'I'm gonna see Jesus now!' they'd be labelled as a madman.

Tbh I wondered if they weren't targeting a soldier because he wasn't on duty to not be in uniform, a H4H tshirt isn't necessarily indicative of a soldier. I wondered if it was "random" but the media have now spun it into a patriotic "they hurt a soldier!!!!" thing if you get me? This is what I am hoping anyways, perhaps naively.

I lived and worked in Woolwich for 10 years. I worked in a school a few minutes walk from where that happened. So shocking and sickening :(.

An absolutely disgusting and horrendous murder - why attack the soldiers? Soldiers don't dictate where our political agendas lie. I wish they wouldn't label this a 'terrorist attack' - continual use of that term fuels the delusion that this act involves a degree of being some sort of martyr. It's a pure and simple unjustifiable murder. If someone shouted 'I'm gonna see Jesus now!' they'd be labelled as a madman.

I am not sure what is actually true and what isnt at the moment, but one of the reports (at least) has said the targets were the EDL march and that is where the terrorism thing comes in, I think. I think because it wasnt one person but an aim to kill as many as possible (the march finished earlier than planned).

Again I dont know what is true and isnt but am just saying why it might be reported as such.

Just completely senseless and brutal.

Am also struggling to see this as terrorism. Two crazy men who happen to be muslim.

I am not sure what is actually true and what isnt at the moment, but one of the reports (at least) has said the targets were the EDL march and that is where the terrorism thing comes in, I think. I think people it wasnt one person but an aim to kill as many as possible (the march finished earlier than planned).

Again I dont know what is true and isnt but am just saying why it might be reported as such.

Interesting. I think I will wait for the news to settle - different outlets and saying different things. The Guardian has reported nothing about them chanting anything at all but other places have. Why anyone would attack an EDL march and find that constructive is beyond me - if we're appealing for their sensitivity over minorities we should surely be trying to show examples of how we can co-exist as a multi-cultural society. This will simply be making their movement grow.

Tbh I wondered if they weren't targeting a soldier because he wasn't on duty to not be in uniform, a H4H tshirt isn't necessarily indicative of a soldier. I wondered if it was "random" but the media have now spun it into a patriotic "they hurt a soldier!!!!" thing if you get me? This is what I am hoping anyways, perhaps naively.

Yeah I was wondering that, perhaps they were teasing him for his shirt and he defended himself stating that he was a soldier. Oh god, his poor family :(

Yeah, like I said I dont know what to believe and what not to. Atm I will stick to the facts which is a man was murdered by two men in Woolwich, but just wanted to say why it might be reported in such a way.

Yeah I was wondering that, perhaps they were teasing him for his shirt and he defended himself stating that he was a soldier. Oh god, his poor family :(

I'm not sure, I imagine we will hear a lot about it though as it sounds as if there were a lot of witnesses, god I just hope videos and pictures don't wind up on the Internet.

It's absolutely awful I couldn't believe it. I saw the video of him trying to justify it!!! It's horrific! I just don't understand how someone could do something so horrific. That woman was so brave, and you're right, not many people would have done what she did!

So tragic and disturbing. Its a shame that these events are labelled terrosim and fuel islamophobia when they were probably just crazy people who happened to be muslim

It's absolutely awful I couldn't believe it. I saw the video of him trying to justify it!!! It's horrific! I just don't understand how someone could do something so horrific. That woman was so brave, and you're right, not many people would have done what she did!

Totally agree. The video is awful what a vile human being.

I haven't seen any strong indication these people were actually Muslim. In south London there are a lot of gangs who call themselves 'Muslim mandem' and the like, they are a bunch of crackheads who wouldn't know Islam if it hit them in the face but its just another name to them. Some of them rant and rave Islamic words and phrases but again its nothing to do with them being practicing. anyway the original eyewitnesses on the scene made no mention of the men saying anything Islamic. From some of the reports it sounds like this could have been a road rage attack. Even the met are saying do not speculate but it seems certain government figures and the press are stirring it up. :(. Xx

Exactly SR.

I could go round telling people im a lion....doesnt make me a flipping lion.

I wish people would stop sharing the video on Facebook... Just the pic at the starts looks horrifying.

Omg SummerRain that is actually so true you have just made me remember loads of the South London guys I knew as a teenager who were exactly like that. Most of them were totally drug-addled too. People are happy to jump to the conclusion that it was an Islam-related attack because Islamophobia is so unbelievably, depressingly prevalent in this country. I haven't dared look at the DM today, the Guardian website comments are bad enough as it is.

Yeah I'm surprised with how the government are responding calling COBRA and David Cameron being called back etc, it seems a slight over reaction for the facts that have been released. I don't know if they just want to be seen to do something especially as people are saying not enough is done with "Radicals" but how can we know their political affiliation yet. My Facebook is awash with red, white and blue and poppies etc and even though I am a military wife I am finding it all so OTT right now, we should be grieving the death of the man, not the death of a soldier if that makes sense?? It's being turned into a patriotic issue and I don't entirely understand why, if he was in uniform I would understand it a little more.

I feel sick, I live in London and as a Muslim this makes me angry

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->