Wooooo period!!! Has my PCOS gone???

Islas_mummy

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
I am soooo excited, i know this might sound rediculous but I got my period today!

Back in January 2009 I was diagnosed with PCOS and my doc told me if I wanted a family I should start trying ASAP (I was 22), so after 11 months of NTNP I fell pregnant with my LO who is now nearly 4months old. Although in that time I only had 3 periods and didn't have a clue what was up with my cycle.

But since I have had Isla I have had 3 periods and they have all been smack on 31 day cycles!!! At first I though it was a fluke but this third one I think has confirmed it. I am sooo happy because hopefully when it comes to ttc next august it wont take us very long!!!!

Sorry if this is a bit random but I am just sooo pleased :happydance:

oh i'm so happy for you. I have heard of babies reducing the effects of PCOS!

I'm not sure if it can dissapear but as long as you get regular cycles and are ovulating, who cares right!

I say this as a fellow PCOSer who was told to get a wriggle on wiht having babies and my cycles have been 35 days-ish since havign my LO so i'm thinking things are looking good as I found out i was pregnant with LO on day 78 of my cycle last time so i know where you're coming from!

I cant wait to TTC next year and wouldnt it be nice to join in with people in the two week wait etc over in the TTC section :D

Hey there,
I don't know much bout PCOS but just wanted to share in your excitement and say - YAY!! :happydance:

I'm not sure if it can dissapear but as long as you get regular cycles and are ovulating, who cares right!

I say this as a fellow PCOSer who was told to get a wriggle on wiht having babies and my cycles have been 35 days-ish since havign my LO so i'm thinking things are looking good as I found out i was pregnant with LO on day 78 of my cycle last time so i know where you're coming from!

I cant wait to TTC next year and wouldnt it be nice to join in with people in the two week wait etc over in the TTC section :D

Aw thanks lovely :) I know when I found out I was pregnant I hadn't had a period for 4 months, so my doc sent me for a scan straight away but i was only 9 weeks! I had convinced myself I was further along though.

When next year are you going to start ttc? I am so excited about tracking Ovulation and stuff! lol xx

Hi ya :):kiss:

I was diganosed with PCOS too, my son is 9 mths now,

I had Emin in march and i bled for about 3 weeks after and my first 4 periods after birth were regular to the day and i thought my PCOS went, but unfortunatly i am back irregular again :(:(:( Boooooooooooo :(:cry:

HAHAHHAHA in the middle of an extremely painfull one right now so everything periodish i am BOOing lollllllll hate the monthlies!!!!!
:thumbup:Thats the one thing i miss not having in pregnancy:thumbup:

Hiya,

I also was diagnosed with PCOS and didnt have periods for as long as 10 months on end. We were TTC for 18months b4 we got preggers for our daughter. But since May this year (my periods were slow starting again coz of chemotherapy) I have have a period every month and my cycles are more or less bang on 33 days! So I have had 7 so far, the most ever in my life.

I get so happy every month coz I know everything must be working! I also can't wait to TTC and the excitment of the TWW!!

Fingers crossed and good luck for us all xxx

Aw thanks lovely :) I know when I found out I was pregnant I hadn't had a period for 4 months, so my doc sent me for a scan straight away but i was only 9 weeks! I had convinced myself I was further along though.

When next year are you going to start ttc? I am so excited about tracking Ovulation and stuff! lol xx

hi, we're going to TTC around Sept 2011, but maybe a few months later depending on finances. i see you're around that time too. PCOS TTC buddies!

hi, we're going to TTC around Sept 2011, but maybe a few months later depending on finances. i see you're around that time too. PCOS TTC buddies!

YAY! Lets hope it doesn't take us too long so we can be PCOS Bump buddies too! lol x

very happy for you!! and definitely do hope it means regular cycles for you!!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->