Work trial

BellaBoo0512

Reaction score
After months of applying for jobs I've been contacted today about a job in a call centre that I applied for last week. The trouble is that they want me to do a 3 day unpaid work trial and I don't have anyone to look after my little boy. When I start work he will start nursery but I can't afford to pay for 3 days nursery as I'm not working at the moment and hubby's wages are rubbish.

Does anyone know if I'm entitled to any sort of help for them 3 days?

You can claim for childcare element of tax credits from the week before you start work? That might work, worth inquiring about?

I've spoke to HMRC already and they said because it's a trial and not guaranteed to turn into employment they can't do anything to help :(

3 days unpaid trial sounds a bit weird if you ask me.maybe get some advice from job centre? X

Will the jobcentre give me advice if I'm not claiming jobseekers? X

3 days is too long for a trial IMO, and also I think unfair. Have a read of this:

https://www.fairwork.gov.au/pay/student-placement-and-unpaid-work/pages/unpaid-trials

I'd be calling them up on it and telling them it's unreasonable and they can either change it or forget it especially as you're struggling with childcare.

It is actually above board and legal, just morally wrong.

Yes, the job centre can give you advice, as well as citizens advice

It is actually above board and legal, just morally wrong.

Yes, the job centre can give you advice, as well as citizens advice

Really?! That's crazy, can't believe they can get away with that. I think the government are trying to cut down on stuff like thus and 0 he contracts. A gp practice round here closed that my stepmum worked at, she was lucky and got a new job a week before but the NHS put all exsusting staff on 0 he contracts and couldn't guratantee of and where they were working.

Me personally I would only do 2 hours, may b 3 tops in unpaid in your circumstance. How successful has job hunting been for you? Can you carry on looking?

I've been applying for jobs since February and not had any luck.. Had a couple of interviews but been unsuccessful. I've never struggled to get a job before and it's really disheartening. There's no way I would be able to do a 3 day unpaid work trial. I'm going to email them now and ask if I could maybe do a 1 day work trial instead x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->