Work - what to do??

vicks78

Reaction score
What would you do, I have been in my job for 9 years (am a secretary) and its getting more and more stressful. I have 2 other secretaries reporting to me and have a team of 40 people to look after. One is moving departments in 2 weeks and the other is having a sabbattical for a month in October/November and I don't think she'll come back, leaving me with a team of 40 people to look after on my own - and go through IUI. My friend at work thinks I should get signed off sick (I'll be on full pay), DH thinks I should just leave and I don't know whether to just keep going and see how it is. Have been on my own before and it was so busy and stressful and the team has grown since then. Getting my BFP is the most important thing to me but I hate to let people down. Any advice???

sounds like you are saying you will be responsible for 3 people's workload come Oct/Nov, that seems really unfair!

Are the managers looking to replace the leavers?

If not, i would just turn work down and say, sorry I wont have time to do that, that, that, that and that today. So choose which 2 things you want me to do and I will do it

I'm not sure how you could get signed off on sick or how that would solve things? Do you mean get signed off until the sabatical lady comes back? I personally couldn't do that as I have been dropped on by our secretaries who go on sick when it gets a bit tough. It really screws up the team.

I would speak to your managers about your concerns and see what they are going to do to address the staff shortage. In the meantime stand firm on how much work you can physically do in a day, After a few days of people's work not getting done, they will start shouting to the higher levels to get more secretarial resource. GL!!

I think you would be walking down the wrong path to leave a job while TTC. I don't have a job, and I would give ANYTHING to have one. Not having a job doesn't help doing the IUI. I have all day to sit around and do anything. It may be stressful, but it's probably not going to solve anything. I would continue to work as you have been working. If you are asked to do more than your share of the work, I would gently explain to the person that you are only one person, and if they feel they need something done, they should speak to your boss about hiring a temp person to take the load of work off you, and that way everyone is happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->