Working during first trimester

crazycatlady5

Reaction score
Oh my goodness - how do you work full time during first trimester??

I'm a teacher and have been on spring break last two weeks, I go back Monday. My symptoms have really hit in the last two weeks. I thought I was tired before and was having trouble working and keeping up with my marking in the evenings. But that was nothing! Now I'm straight up exhausted, and also feeling nauseous half the day. And then the aching breasts bothering me!

So I'm trying to get a lot done this weekend before I go back to work, planning some projects to make my life easier once I'm back at work. Got one mostly done tonight and have now hit a wall. I feel like I got no where near where I wanted to on spring break.

If I can't even get planning done while I'm not actually at work how on earth am I going to manage once I'm back??? And I teach gr 6/7 so I have all the gr 7 grad stuff, parent meetings, camp etc.

Ugh...

I am a teacher too. This is my second pregnancy and I'm not to lie, last time around I was so tired that once I fell asleep during a year 7 presensation, I got home every night and went straight to bed. It was tough going. I am struggling already this time too. From a parents evening last week and doing assemblies every, morning I feel broken. I remember last time, once I got to second tri I got my energy back and felt almost human again. Hang in there the time will pass pretty quickly, just get through each day and before you know it you will be you again but with a baby on the way.I would however try to avoid school camp. Hope you get your mojo back soon. x

I'm a teacher too and unfortunately it is really hard work. I had really bad morning sickness with my first and just used to stare at the clock waiting until home time then I'd be straight home and sleep on the sofa. I have no idea how or when I was doing my marking or planning as I was so awful.second time round my morning sickness wasn't as bad luckily but the exhaustion was worse and I couldn't just sleep when I got home. I do know that my lessons were rubbish during those couple of months and I'm sure ofsted would have failed me if they'd observed me! This time round I was only working part time so I just kept thinking the whole time how close I was to finishing my working week.

I know that snacking can sometimes stop sickness but mine was so different each time and day by day that I found I couldn't risk eating anything at break times for fear of then throwing up in the middle of a lesson so I tried to get by on lemonade which is my 'poorly me' drink. I eventually learnt to cope with the sickness feeling but sometimes literally had to stop teaching as I thought if I open my mouth to say anything else I will be sick!

It was SO hard. I work as a dental nurse and it's constant & never stops. Not to mention all the gross patients! I found out I was pregnant a few days before Christmas break which was pretty handy. But I ended up having to tell my boss at 9 weeks because I was just feeling so so crappy. It was a lot better once you could express how bad you were feeling and have some support and understanding.

Hi Buffy, I remember you from tww board!

Yes I've already told my principal, I was feeling horrible and had to basketball tournament that I was coaching and felt awful so couldn't hide it from him. He has been really supportive. I want to wait to tell any other staff and definitely want to wait before telling students.

Back to work tomorrow... Ugh..,

Being a teacher sounds like one of the hardest jobs to have while pregnant. Being a nurse must be tough too...

I'm lucky in that I work in a lab, often by myself, so I won't have to deal with being around lots of people all the time. I'm only 5 weeks, though, so my morning sickness hasn't started yet. Been feeling a bit tired but know it's only going to get worse. I have two major deadlines in April and a conference in May that I'll be attending. So I'm a bit worried about coping with all that during first tri.

I'm a primary school teacher & my poor little reception class have had to deal with me being a bit snappy the past few weeks! They're only 4-5 years old so they are clueless about it all. I've been lucky and not had much nausea in school time, apart from the odd occasion where I've just eaten a few ginger biscuits and got back to it, but the tiredness has been so difficult with school. It's things like staying on after school to mark books/plan/do display boards that I just have no energy for now! Hoping my energy will be back by the time we are back in school after Easter break!

Hi Buffy, I remember you from tww board!

Yes I've already told my principal, I was feeling horrible and had to basketball tournament that I was coaching and felt awful so couldn't hide it from him. He has been really supportive. I want to wait to tell any other staff and definitely want to wait before telling students.

Back to work tomorrow... Ugh..,

I remember you too. Congrats on the BFP :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"