Working mother or stay-at-home mom?

Well, I have a hybrid...gets 48-49 miles per gallon. It's a Toyota Prius. Fun car. And there is this radio station I listen to that has the "impossible question of the day" every morning at 6:20am. So far I have won Great Adventure and movie tickets! If it wasn't for looking forward to that challenge every morning, my ride would be a lot more boring. The ride home at 5:00pm is the long one though...

When is your husband graduating school? When the time comes, make sure he posts his resume on https://www.monster.com and https://www.careerbuilder.com!

He's just beginning so in two years he'd be able to get a job in the field and then continue with his schooling. We have an amazing deal on our home so we wouldn't really need that much extra money. I'll be graduating in child development so maybe I could find a job where I could bring my kiddos with

Oh wow! I feel old now...turning 38 on November 6th, just realized I was going to college over 20 years ago! Yikes!

I will take a year off - maybe a little less as my fiance will want a couple of months - then I'm going back to work. I enjoy work. The year off I had with my son was awesome! I'd never it change it, but I was ready to go back. Nothing is written in stone, but I'm almost 100% positive I will go back after mat leave.

I work part time at 25 hours so i will be going back to the same hours. I also work evenings so most of the time im away baby will be in their bed sleeping.

Im a nurse and cant bear to stop working all together i love my jobtoo much. I will work 2 shifts a week, that will fit in nicely and give hubby some time alone with bub to bond :happydance: plus all the extra things i will be able to afford for bubs:baby:

i'm not going back to the same job, been trying to leave for months! But have decided I will look for something part time. Also my wage would only cover full time childcare so dont see the point in working full time for nothing! looking forward to it! everytime i have an off day i just think to myself only a few more months to go!

No idea what I will do... child care is so expensive so would seem silly as my wages would end up just paying for childcare! On the other hand...we can get by on what hubby earns but it would be a struggle...things would be tight!! So I may just go back part time - fit some hours around what OH works...that wya we'd not need to pay childcare! Wanna take my year mat leave tho

I am a full time SAHM, and i have to say it is the HARDEST job i have ever done, but certainly the most rewarding. I have close friends who battled with the going back to work option and the childcare options, and they are now back at work, and love it, but i feel that a baby is only a baby till they go to school, so i should be with them and not miss out. I will go back once all my children are in full time education. I am lucky enough that we can (just about) afford it.

xxxx

I really can't see how I could stay at home :cry:. We wouldn't cope financially. I'm a nurse and bring in more than my DH. We have spoke about him going down to part time, and me full time, or 4 days a week. Or, he stays full time and I go in 3 days a week (I prefer this one!)? Either way there will, inevitably, be child care involved. Just don't know at the moment. Anyone else a part time band 5 nurse, and if you don't mind me asking what do you earn (PM me if you want).

I'd love to stay at home, coz I don't want to miss any of those precoius(sp)moments.....

I would LOVE to be a SAHM but we just can't afford it. I will be going back to work 30 hours a week from February 09 :cry: I'm dreading it.

I hope to leave work altogether though and go to University and do a degree in Midwifery.

Im not sure wat id do, im not working at the moment tho, as me and my ex partner were in business together and because we've split obviously im not going to do that anymore. I would like to do something part time at the moment, but everytime i seem to move for 10mins my back kills me. I wouldnt like to go straight back into work when lil one is born, its my first baby so would love to spend as much time as possible in my babys life. so prob when lil one turns 1 i will then go bk to work :D x

Im going back to work after only 3 months. My OH is a stay at home dad because he works from home and I can earn the most money outside of the home. I dont know how Ill cope with being at work all the time. I might feel left out.

Im REALLY lucky...

....My DH works long horrible hours so we can have the money to let me be a full time mum to my 3 children with out having to rely on money from elsewhere.

Its something we both really wanted me to be able to do before we had our first and its been fantastic....i have a really great DH :cloud9:

Great question Jeannie and something that is scaring the sh*t out of me.

I'm in a real dilemma.
I was made redundant a month ago and I'm currently freelancing so technically I don't have a job to go back to - I would have to look for a new one when I have to go back to work and I do have to. My OH does not earn enough to cover our living costs - I earn a lot more than him (although he has just started a new job in medical sales and we don't know what his commission will be).

Also:
My parents don't live close enough to help and my dad is really sick.
My OH parents are in NZ
I live in central London so childcare is astronomical
I work as a project manager in an advertising agency and it is very difficult to leave on time. For example, I am supposed to work til 5.30pm but this week I finished at 7.30 on two nights and 8.30 another. They make you sign contracts to opt out of maximum working hour legislation and would not give you the job if you refuse. And any new job would be less sympathetic than one where you have worked prior to pregnancy.

I am terrified. I have always earned good money and been able to buy what I want within reason and now we could be on the breadline. And all because my work made me redundant at the same time as the spermie caught up with my egg!!

I'm sure it will all work out but it's taking the joy out of my pregnancy for now.

Sorry for the rant.

Hxx

i am a nanny and do 3 12 hour days and one half day at the moment, so hopefully will be able to drop half day as thier mum doesn't work that day anyway, and then would still be able to bring home pretty much a full time wage and still have more than half the week at home. plan is that when i am work baby would go to nursery in the mornings then my mum and dad would have it in the afternoon or i might take be able to take it to work with me one day/afternoon.

I suppose I am lucky too...

I have been a stay-at-home mom with all of my 3 children and I wouldnt have had it any other way! For the first two I struggled on benefits alone but the 3rd and this one OH has a really good day job and is a wedding photographer at weekends too, so I really dont have to work.

I also have my web building hobby, I wouldnt say its a proper job but I suppose having 4 clients and updating their sites on a regular basis keeps me a little busy! And I get paid for it too, so keeps me outa trouble!

I plan to stay at home with this baby too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->