Working out during pregnancy?

makeupgirl

Reaction score
I was looking at buying the new Pussycat Dolls workout DVD. I used to dance a lot when I was younger & I'm wanting to start up again. I know I can't quite dance how I used to as I'm now pregnant, but I was just wondering if a high-intensity workout like that was safe?

It's not recommended. Most doctors recommend that you keep your heart rate below 140 at all times. Unless you are extremely fit, a higher intensity workout with send your heart rate well above that. It's best to stick with brisk walking or a gentler aerobic workout.

It's not recommended. Most doctors recommend that you keep your heart rate below 140 at all times. Unless you are extremely fit, a higher intensity workout with send your heart rate well above that. It's best to stick with brisk walking or a gentler aerobic workout.

Aww, darn! I was really hoping I could do the workouts! But that's okay, just something to look forward to afterwards. Thank you!

actually apparently it is no longer not recommended. im big on working out. apparently it can increase blood flow to the uterus etc. i took a week off but then had to go back cause i felt crappy not working out. if you were active before then there is nothing to worry about and better for you post baby. https://www.mayoclinic.com/health/exercise-during-pregnancy/AN01560

I trained throughout my pregnancy except near the end. I did cardio, weights and no contact boxing. It kept me fit and I had a healthy baby boy and lost nearly all the weight straight away! I never tracked my HB I just went with how I felt..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->