working out how many weeks pregnant you are with PCOS and irregular cycles

fairy1984

Reaction score
Hi all,

I posted this in 1st tri but thought some ladies over here might have more experience with this:

I have PCOS and irregular cycles. as i only just got my :bfp: yesterday but my last AF was 14th feb i dont know what to think. if i had've concieved 2 weeks after 14th feb then i'd of had a positive test sooner than yesterday surely? should i assume that i conceived 2 weeks before my BFP?

i dont have an appointment with the midwife for another 2 weeks so i have to guess between now and then. i'd like to know so i can count down the weeks until first tri is over....

any thoughts welcomed :)

If you explain irregular cycles problem to your midwife she will probably arrange a scan to check how far gone you are have no personal experience of this problem but just thought i would offer my opinion

Yeah... the only way to tell is via scan. For example. If you go off my LMP at my last scan, I should be 16+1 but I was 6+0. LOL Yeah... makes the dating REALLY tricky. LOL

Yup, an early scan is the only way to really tell. The earlier you have the scan the more accurate the dating will be. 5-7 weeks is ideal, but they can date fairly well all the way up to 10-12 weeks.

i have pcos my last period was 27th august 2010 last year.. i went for an mri scan on my back an they found a sack of fluid on my uterus.... i did 4 pregnancy tests and all posotive 2 of the tests said 3+ weeks but i dont no how many weeks i could be since i havent had a period sine august last year.

my mri scan was on the 8th of jan 2011 the same day did my pregnancy tests please help

Hi! Congrats on the pregnancy!

Your best bet is to contact a doctor or midwife and get a scan scheduled as soon as possible. They can date the baby based on size at the scan. But the earlier the dating is done, the better.

ditto- they asked me a millon times if i was sure when my last period was to try work out dates. My due date changed 2 or 3 times!! I had an ultrasound which showed i was 7 weeks along but i cant remember how many weeks i thought i was but i know it was more than 7- could have been 8 or 9.

Good luck hun & am so glad you got your BFP!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->