working out throughout Pregnancy,easier labour?

_Elizabeth_

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

I have been working out throughout my whole pregnancy so far and I have been wondering if it will help make labour easier or if it will make losing the pregnancy weight easier. any ladies that have babies already know if this is true or not....or just wishful thinking on my part. :haha:

I'd guess so, the healthier and fitter in labour you are the better your body/you would cope with it.

How many weeks are you now? At the beginning of my third trimester, excercise made LO spark labor symptoms(strong contractions for hours). You probably will see the effects right after w/ your body bouncing back. Although, I had my Lo and didn't excercise at all w/ her and body bounced right back-six pack and all- and no working out! (did breastfeed though-which did all of the "tricks". Good luck!

I am 31 weeks now and still feeling good. no bad side effects from working out. I do listen to my body and stop when tired. My doctor has still given me the go head to continue to work out. thanks for the responses....heaven..I hope Im like you and bounce back quickly!

I was being pretty lazy about exercise, then started getting worried about labor.. I did some reading and it seems that most agree that moderate cardio, muscle toning and particularly prenatal yoga can be helpful to prepare you for labor, both for stamina and to get your body and the baby into a good position for delivery..

So I'm loving the yoga!

Just be sure to double check on certain exercises as to whether they are safe (there seems to be a debate about abdominal exercise for example)

I worked out every day my first pregnancy, weights and cardio....and I had a 8 hour (start to finish) labour/delivery. I think it was due to being in good shape! :)

This time around I have been active still, cleaning houses for work, gym when I can but I have not been AS diligent as the first pregnancy

I Dont work out but I do take dog for a walk daily. She's currently in training to walk nicely so I can take pushchair on walks or she wont be going anywhere when lo is born. I also have a horse to look after daily. And a 3 storey house to clean lol. So i'm really active ... But stop when my body tells me to. Hoping this leads to a straight forward birth. Will confirm in 11 weeks.

EDIT - totally misread the question and posted. Reread and realised I actually can't help you :blush:

Hiya, i swam twice a week with dd and was very active and had an amazing labour! i no its not proper workouts but im feeling it this time as dd been unwell so been unable to do much exercise wise!

and my labour with dd was 1 hour 40 mins with 20 mins pushing!! i think i had the stamina at the time haha xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->