Working out while TTC

wouldluvabub

Mumma of 2!
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on working out while TTC?? I was doing really well with getting fit at the end of last year. Unfortunately I haven't been so good these past few months. I went back to gym tonight where I do high intensity training classes. I'm in the TWW currently and I just felt kind of worried after class tonight. I don't want to do the wrong thing but I do need to work of my health and fitness.

I was also concerned as I do HIIT training and running/cycling, but I read that it shouldn't be a problem really, nothing is going to get dislodged or fall out! :thumbup:

If you're used to the intensity it should be fine to continue but if for your own peace of mind you want to take it easier then its fine to do that as well. I'm continuing with the HIIT and cycling which is less impact than running (plus I really really really have to motivate myself to run!!! :dohh: )

Well I would say I was used to it a few months ago but I've had a bit of time out! What classes do you do? I do HIIT, cage fitness, boxing, strength and condition etc. I also ride my exercise bike and do a bit of running so TWINS ha ha!

I got pregnant whilst doing regular cycling, body pump and training for a marathon - ran the marathon while 12 weeks pregnant- it certainly didn't do me or my baby any harm and I couldn't find anything about not excercising online.

There is nothing wrong with it! plus promotes good circulation which helps to conceive! If your body is used to it then it really isnt an issue..my doctor told me once I get pregnant to just slow it down, for example if running, I should be able to talk while running and not be out of breath.

I had the same concerns once and the advice I read was basically what bumbleberry said. It's a great idea to work out during pregnancy as it should help your pregnancy and delivery go much more smoothly with less recovery time. Just don't go above the intensity you're already accustomed to.

How long of a break did you take from your HIIT workouts? Did you find your normal workout very difficult when you went to the gym? If you watch your heart rate to make sure it doesn't get too high you should be fine if you're just getting back into the swing of things.

If I had to guess, I would say it would take maybe 6 months or so for you to really be out of shape and have to be careful of not pushing it too hard by doing what you've done before. Most likely that's different for everyone, though, just like everything else! Just pay attention to your body and if you don't feel well take it a bit easier.

Good luck! :thumbup:

You shouldn't worry unless you're doing hours upon hours of high intensity a week.

If you get too high a muscle to fat ratio it can effect the regularity of your cycles. Quite a fer serious athletes and dancers ect stop getting their period. But you would notice if that started to be an issue.

Well I would say I was used to it a few months ago but I've had a bit of time out! What classes do you do? I do HIIT, cage fitness, boxing, strength and condition etc. I also ride my exercise bike and do a bit of running so TWINS ha ha!

I do mostly do HIIT, and some boxing. I like to get outdoors on my bike and do both distance and terrain. I did ToughMudder last year and that was hard but I did lots of intensive training for that but afterwards it took a while to recover with my knees so haven't been as ruthless this year!!

Some high intensity workouts can cause you to loose too much fat and impact your periods. However, if you did not have issues in the past you probably wont now.

Oh I am by no means an athlete! I have plenty of fat still ha ha!! I struggle with a thyroid problem and I have to watch what I eat and work out basically just so I don't GAIN weight rather then loose a lot. I've had a break with the occasional class, run, ride for about 3 and a half month. While I struggled last night because I haven't been for a while it still wasn't as bad as I found it in the beginning. The owner of the gym/one of the trainers has been doing some more training in pre and post natal so I should just message her and talk to her.

exercise is fabulous while ttc. Not only for the obvious health reasons but it also helps regulate blood sugar, which can help keep gestational diabetes away. My friend was able to run up until 7 months. at that point her belly was just too big and cumbersome.

While ttc you have very little to worry about. When pregnant they say to take it a bit easier because you have a lot going on with the whole creating life thing. lol Eventually push ups will be too difficult and you can't do exercises on your back, it can be dangerous for the baby. But lifting weights, jogging/running and mid intensity stuff should be fine until it is too awkward to do it. Or you are told to stop.

Definitely check out trainers that are trained for pre and post natal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->