Working through the 3rd trimester

DLA

1st Time Mom & lovin it!
Reaction score
SERIOUSLY SUCKS! And I know it's just going to get harder :( I'm so tired and have the most miserable sciatica. When I get home from work my son is off the wall energized and there's so much to do between 5pm and 9pm that by the time I'm done with everything and I lay down, I can barely think straight. Then do all over again starting at 530am the next morning!

Not much of a point to this moan but it makes me feel better to hear I'm not alone! No end in sight until I go into labor, unless we get lucky and my OH gets offered a new job so that we can move! Not that that's an easy thing to do either, but I'd prefer over these awful 45+ hour work weeks!

This is the third time I've trudged through work in third trimester in five years! It does suck somedays. This time I'm probably taking off by 37 weeks, as long as my doc will sign me off medically so I still get paid!

Aw it sucks working sO much and being heavily pregnant. I've just gone on mat leave and I Am so much happier.
No aches or pains, no getting up at 4:45! X

Tell me about it! I have a mobile dog grooming salon, I work about 50 hours a week alone, on my feet, lifting bending etc. I'm ready to curl up in a ball and cry at end of week. .. but i guess that's what comes with owning a business and being pregnant!

I thought it was rough working the whole time with my first pregnancy and clearly it just get's more difficult, the more kids you have. Starting to realize why people wait bit longer till their kids are older before getting pregnant again lol.
As tough as it is right now, I do love being pregnant. Just wish I didn't have to work until my due date! boo!

got my c section on the 23rd and my last day at work is the 22nd. i am a bit jealous of the UK ladies who have a month off before giving birth :)

the last thing i want to do is deal with bitchy people at work at this point... i would rather take more time off after the baby than before

I know it's tough ladies, this is my third time doing it too! But, WE are TOUGH! Just a testament to how strong women are. Can you imagine a man doing this???

I can totally relate! Some days I am completely fine, but I'd be lying if I said I haven't had a bit of a breakdown or two mixed in there. It's not just the physical side, it's the emotional side of things during pregnancy and dealing with the stresses at work. I almost hope my doctor takes me out a week or two early, otherwise I will be working up until little miss decides to make her appearance! Hang in there girl... DEFINITELY not alone on this one!

Totally relate to you all. :/ granted I've got an in home daycare it seems like I'd be able to take it easy but nope I swear by the end of the day I'm pulling my hair out and hoping I fall into my bed after the last kiddo leaves. 7 pm bedtimes are a must these days. I'll be working until may 24th and am being induced June 4th if he doesn't come any earlier. So not much time off before he arrives. :( super jealous of the uk!

Yes it does suck. With my DD I worked until 40+1, and only stopped working because my water broke the next day! I was scheduled all week. And I was on my feet for 8 hr shifts in a restaurant. My sciatica hurt super bad too, so I feel your pain! I feel lucky this time since I'm pretty much a stay at home mom, I only work 10 hours a week now.

Good luck to you, and try to take it easy the closer you get to being due!

I'm in the same boat. I am working all the way up till my due date or when the baby decided he wants to come out. I work about 50 hours a week plus normal house work. It gets crazy. This is my first and i wish i could take off early but my husband and I cannot afford that at all.

I know it's tough ladies, this is my third time doing it too! But, WE are TOUGH! Just a testament to how strong women are. Can you imagine a man doing this???

i can imagine a man doing it and moaning about it to anyone who would listen and coming up with excuses not to do anything! i work, get up at night when my daughter wakes up (2-3 times a night) and do all the chores at home. and my hubby complains that he has a headache and sits there on the couch all the time cause our daughter woke him up at night with her crying!

Thanks ladies! Yes we women are tough!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"