Workout DVD

RC86

Reaction score
I've just got davina's pre and postnatal workout DVD. I'm not what you would call a very active person most exercise I get is walking the dog for 30 mins maybe 2 or 3 times a week when my boyfriend doesn't. I have a active job where I don't sit down much but since finding out that I'm pregnant I've not been able to do that so I'm now say down most the day in an office environment part time or sat on sofa at home eating my body weight in food haha. I wouldn't say I'm really over weight at the moment size 14 but I'm an defo not as thin as I should be and I've gained weight over these past 7 wks or so for sure.

Has anybody else got a prenatal exercise DVD? When should I start using it? It doesn't say anywhere on it wether to start in first or second tri and I know your not ment to start prenatal yoga till your second tri. Is it safe to just start doing it despite the fact I've not been very active before getting pregnant? I'm terrified that I'm gonna gain too much weight during pregnancy coz I'm eating like a pig and sitting round doing nothing all day most days!

I used Tara Lee's 'Pregnancy Health Yoga' in my first pregnancy, and it was really good. I also think it may have helped me with my breathing / flexibility during birth. Highly recommend it.

Start it. Adjust movements as you need to. That is the same advice pregnant or not. You body will tell you what is too much. If you sweat and get an achy muscles its not going to effect baby.

I am not sure where you heard not meant to start prenatal yoga until second trimester. It could be because there are modifications specific to that stage in pregnancy like not being on your back past 20 weeks. You could start it though at any time.

If you start now with any workout its only going to be a positive transition between each stage!

I think I'm going to invest in Tara Lee, I've heard some really good things about her DVD xx

Tara Lee is very good. Just looking at her calm inner smile makes melt away my anxieties. I am doing a regular yoga for now ( going to classes ) but will join prenatal pilates in January. Classes are good to meet other ladies in similar position and easier to keep motivated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->