Workwear question

emyandpotato

Reaction score
For an officey sort of environment- actually a school but I want to look more office smart than on the casual side- are Chelsea boots acceptable? If they're polished and smart looking leather ones? I am thinking with ankle grazing cigarette trousers or with a circular knee length skirt and tights. I can't decide if they're smart enough but I can't find any long boots, heels are out, and ballet flats are so cold!

Also, is leather a total no-no? For example a leather skirt with a smart silk shirt and smart jacket? I don't mean a little leather mini but an almost knee length circular skirt maybe. Or a leather t-shirt with smart trousers and a blazer? And are silk shirt-dresses acceptable?

Sorry for all of the questions!

I would say yes to the shoes, they look smart to me. I'm not sure about the leather. I haven't really seen anyone wearing leather in the office although that skirt sounds very decent length etc. I did just look on google "leather office-wear" and there were plenty of people in longish leather skirts making it look smart enough, so it could work. x

edit- I probably wouldn't wear a silk shirt dress, but I might be a bit conservative, not sure. I haven't worked in an office for a while.

I have no advice as I wear a uniform at work but your wardrobe sounds amazing!

I don't work in an office but we are expected to wear 'office wear'. I wear all sorts, though mostly dresses, like floral print dresses, skater dresses, skater skirts with shirts, not sure I'd wear chelsea boots, depends on the style to be honest but I have worn heeled boots, I mostly go for wedges or the court shoes with the pointed toe, they always look smart and you can get flat ones or ones that aren't too high. I'd say the leather skirt would be fine too if worn with a smart shirt and jacket.

I think that all sounds gorgeous and perfectly fine emy.

xx

They all sound lovely I work in an office I usually wear dresses with shirts or long sleeves under or wrap or fishtail dresses with tights and court shoes

My big issue is the shoes because I don't want heels of any kind but smart flats seem to be either flat knee high boots which are very mumsy in my eyes, ballet flats which are fine for summer but not really for bad weather, and brogues which are lovely but don't suit me! So I was hoping to find some shorter flat boots that were still smart, but I just don't know what is acceptable as I've never been in an office environment :blush:

I have no idea what chelsea boots are!?

I work in an office and normally wear black/grey/navy trousers or skirt with a long sleeved top or jumper or a shirt and cardigan/blazer or a skirt and cardi combo and wedged boots or black low heels.

Other colleagues wear patterns.

I would say no to leather - but that's more because I don't like it personally lol

Sounds like you have an amazing stylish wardrobe :)

Sounds fine to me. I wear a Chelsea style boot for work (tho mine are a bit more casual looking), and no one has batted an eyelid. I have to wear boots because I have very short legs and my tights like to gather around my ankles :lol:

I think that all sounds fine. In my head you'd be the colleague I look at admiringly and think "why don't I ever look like that?!"

:)

I have no idea what chelsea boots are!?

I work in an office and normally wear black/grey/navy trousers or skirt with a long sleeved top or jumper or a shirt and cardigan/blazer or a skirt and cardi combo and wedged boots or black low heels.

Other colleagues wear patterns.

I would say no to leather - but that's more because I don't like it personally lol

Sounds like you have an amazing stylish wardrobe :)

Chelsea boots are these: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=c...n%2F21%2Fclassicsofeverydaydesignno30;460;276 But mine are maroon with a slightly higher heel!

And thank you! I spend most of my time feeling a bit goofy and unsure what to wear actually :haha:

I love the sound of the your wardrobe.
I know the kind of leather skirt you mean and you can wear with a chunky knitted jumper in winter, and a tucked in blouse in spring and summer.
Xx

I love the sound of the your wardrobe.
I know the kind of leather skirt you mean and you can wear with a chunky knitted jumper in winter, and a tucked in blouse in spring and summer.
Xx

Exactly what I was thinking! On the Whistles website models are often wearing something along those lines and they look amazing!

OMGeee I love those Chelsea boots! I need a pair in my life

There's only one thing I don't like about being sahm and working 5 hours a week in uniform ... it's not being able to wear lovely smart work wear.
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->