Worms in pregnancy ?

Kirstlou21

Reaction score
I think I caught threadworms off my nephew as he had them not too long ago, I've seen them when I go to the toilet and I'm really itchy. I've tried everything it says online food and bedding changing but it hasn't worked they keep coming back and worse... It's really panicking me as I'm 10 wk preg and think I might infect my baby as daft as it sounds. I'm seeing my gp this afternoon as I'm desp for some tablets but I've seen him before and he was very against giving me medication for my chest infection because of me being in my first trimester. I've read online an looks like they won't give anything ! I'm so embarassed I just want a tablet to take it all away but I doubt he will, I had a horrible chest infection coughing up blood and he just told me to gargle salt water. I'm so desperate I feel like buying something OTC although I know I shouldn't! Anyone gone through similar an what did they do ??

I think I caught threadworms off my nephew as he had them not too long ago, I've seen them when I go to the toilet and I'm really itchy. I've tried everything it says online food and bedding changing but it hasn't worked they keep coming back and worse... It's really panicking me as I'm 10 wk preg and think I might infect my baby as daft as it sounds. I'm seeing my gp this afternoon as I'm desp for some tablets but I've seen him before and he was very against giving me medication for my chest infection because of me being in my first trimester. I've read online an looks like they won't give anything ! I'm so embarassed I just want a tablet to take it all away but I doubt he will, I had a horrible chest infection coughing up blood and he just told me to gargle salt water. I'm so desperate I feel like buying something OTC although I know I shouldn't! Anyone gone through similar an what did they do ??

There are CERTAINLY safe antibiotics you can take that are safe during pregnancy to treat a chest infection. Pennicillin, Amoxcicylin, and others in the same family are totally safe to treat respiratory infections. There must be some medication that is safe to treat your worms as well. I'd get another opinion from another doctor. Good luck!

I'd definitely get a second opinion if your doctor refuses you, the worms will take precious nutrients away from your baby. And don't be embarrassed, they're way more common than you think! I had them as a kid, but you didn't get them from your nephew, they are almost always caught by being barefoot outside. As that's how they travel animal to animal, occasionally they miss and get a human. Good luck!

I had the same problem in pregnancy, I tried they hygiene method which involves, showering first thing in the morning and washing all your night clothes and bed sheets every day don't shake them in the air when taking them off the bed roll them up!!!! ( I know) hovering every day and damp dusting every day as well for 6 weeks, cut your nails really short.

I researched for ages and I think I lasted till I was close to 30 weeks before I found information that reassured me enough to take something!

I can not find the link now, but there was research done in India were it is very common, they treated pregnant mums and there were better out comes for the babies, as if you got a lot of thread worms it would effect your health.

I took the over the counter tablet and from what I found as long as you wait till you are over 12 weeks then it is ok! some doctors say no yet some say yes, my chemist said it was ok but a young doctor said no!

I am glad I did take it, I was losing my mind, it was really effecting me mentally I just felt yucky and was so embarrassed,I was terrified I push one out in labour I know not going to happen but your mind goes on over drive! so I am glad I did take them! I treated my family as well, esp hubby straight away! made him shower all the time as well, no point you doing they hygiene method if he is not just in case.

I took Mebendazole my baby is 11 months now and doing great :)

I have also heard diatomaceous earth the food grade one is meant to work https://wolfcreekranch1.tripod.com/diatomaceous_earth.html

Can I ask an awkward question? Is your itching like super intense itching? I am trying to distinguish whether I am experiencing worms or piles. My itching isn't intense and came on after a bowel movement last night. I know I have hemorrhoids due to pain and bleeding while using the bathroom but it doesn't usually itch. So yeah.. sorry to be awkward..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->