• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

worn out & at a loss with what to do

Bumblebee24

Mummy July 2014 Rainbow
Reaction score
Hi ladies,
So my daughter is 16weeks the first 1-2months where hell on earth, she did nothing but scream. I believe she suffered with colic & reflux. We where prescribed infant gaviscone & I also used colic carm(homeopathic). Not sure how effective it was as silly as it sounds my weeks days month have turned into one big blurr.
Well I've had a month of a really nice pleasant baby but these past 2 weeks have become he'll again. She isn't taking her feeds the same & is bairly taking on 25oz in 24hours. There is no routine to her feeding I just keep making up bottles & trying her ever few hours. where previously she was taking 5-6oz per feed ever 3-4 hours & 4-5 at night.
At bed time she just screams hysterically for an hour. When she finally settles she then wakes every 2 hours & every hour from 2/3am for 10mins to 40mins until she finally getting up for good between 6.30/7.30am. The 2/3am stretch in so hard she screams, I can tell she doesn't want to be awake as her eyes are barley open & she doesn't seem to want to eat either.
I just don't know what to do I am even considering introducing baby rice in the morning as I've heard this can help with reflux/colic babies. I know these days people don't like babies to be weaned until 6months but she seams in so much pain through the night & when I am trying to feed her in the day :cry:

Well she's only almost 4 months so you have quite a while to go before she can be weaned or even fed real food.

Why don't you make an appt with her pediatrician to rule out any physical reason for her behavior? Many people report a growth spurt and sleep regression around 4 months. You may also want to try a different formula if she isn't tolerating the one she's on.

I haven't changed her milk since she was 2months. Could she suddenly become intolerant towards her milk after all this time of being ok x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->