Worried about 33weeker sudden weight gain!

WishfulX1

Reaction score
My DD was born exactly 33wks at 4lb 9oz and for gestational age was on 50th centile, actual age was on 0.4th centile.
She's remained on 50th centile or just above until she was 6weeks old therefore for actual age she's remained between 0.4th and 9tj centile.

She hasnt been weighed in a few weeks and today she's exactly 9weeks old and is 10lb 6oz! She's gone up to 91st centile for gestational age and 25th centile for actual age!

I'm not worried but don't know if I should be? My HV said they become concerned if a baby goes up or down 2 centile spaces (which mine has!)

She just looks like a normal baby, 9 weeks old, just gone into 0-3month clothes yesterday, has little chubby cheeks and getting little rolls on her legs but all normal!

She isn't overfed as should get between 600-1000ml I'm 24hr and she takes anywhere between 720 and 900mls x

I wouldn't be too worried about it hun. I think they put far too much on weight gain to be honest. For a preemie she is doing real well.
My little on came a week late weighing 5lb 14, and at 11 weeks weighed 9lb 7 but he wouldnt take a lot of milk. My cousins preemie baby overtook him in weight pretty quickly and there was never any concern over her so i wouldnt worry too much xxx

I know this thread is a week or so old but I just wanted to say..don't worry hunny. Some premmies just catch up really quick. Mine was the same, he's still continued to grow and grow.He's 27lb's and he's also really tall. He's bigger than some termies his age.

I'm assuming you are still having hospital check ups? If they are concerned they will keep a check on it whereas no offence to HV's but most I've heard of (and the one I had) are not really clued up on premmies and the rules are a little different. :flower:

We've bounced up from between the 25th and 50th centile adjusted to being between the 75th and 91st... no one seems bothered much - it's a consistent curve - she's just started to catch up fairly early on. (We had no hospital follow up - they should have done but decided "not to bother") She's tall - her height is in proportion to her weight - she's just caught up size wise within about 6 months (developmentally she's not 100% there yet though).

As for HVs ours have sod all clue about preemies - they all track the weights back differently, the notes are a mess as different ones note the adjustment down differently and it drives one of them crackers how inconsistent they all (hell, even the same one over the course of different weeks is utterly inconsistent) are with it.

We've bounced up from between the 25th and 50th centile adjusted to being between the 75th and 91st... no one seems bothered much - it's a consistent curve - she's just started to catch up fairly early on. (We had no hospital follow up - they should have done but decided "not to bother") She's tall - her height is in proportion to her weight - she's just caught up size wise within about 6 months (developmentally she's not 100% there yet though).

As for HVs ours have sod all clue about preemies - they all track the weights back differently, the notes are a mess as different ones note the adjustment down differently and it drives one of them crackers how inconsistent they all (hell, even the same one over the course of different weeks is utterly inconsistent) are with it.[/QUOTE]

Eurgh! I hated trying to work his chart out, it was a mess and all over the place. I literally haven't taken him to be weighed for a long long time because of this. He gets weighed at his regular check ups (last was 12 months) and I put him on the bathroom scales every now and then to get an idea. I can tell by looking at him now he's perfectly fine :thumbup:

Oliver also caught up weight/size wise by around 6 months old also but is still developmentally a bit behind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->