Worried about ectopic.

Misscalais

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
Im about 6 weeks 2 days and ive had like a dull pain in my lower right side for a few days now. I had the same thing with my last pregnancy and just turned out to be a cyst. This hurts a bit more then that did though, i have just gone to the toilet and had some pink spotting on the paper. Im concerned it could be an ectopic pregnancy. I have a Drs appt 1st thing in the morning but at what point would you feel the need to go to the hospital?
Obviously if the bleeding or pain gets heavier/worse i will go right away, they aren't very friendly in my local ER so I don't want to go unless i absolutely have to ( even though i juat want to go right now so i know what's going on )

Oh, that sounds painful. If as you say, ER isn't friendly, would try to rest and wait til tomorrow but if it gets worse in any way, I would go.

Hope it is just a cyst. Thinking of you.

I've got no advice just wanted to say I'm feeling the same except so far I haven't had any spotting. I've had painful period type pains since last night and this morning I can feel the pain more on my right side! I don't know what to do either x

Oh, that sounds painful. If as you say, ER isn't friendly, would try to rest and wait til tomorrow but if it gets worse in any way, I would go.

Hope it is just a cyst. Thinking of you.
Thank you. I think that's what I'll do.

I've got no advice just wanted to say I'm feeling the same except so far I haven't had any spotting. I've had painful period type pains since last night and this morning I can feel the pain more on my right side! I don't know what to do either x
Hopefully its just a cyst for you hun. Its a scary feeling not knowing when it could be potentially life threatening if it's ectopic. Have a chat with your Dr/mw and let them know how you're feeling x

Pain with an ectopic tends to be excruciating rather than crampy. I didn't have any bleeding until treatment either, and when I did bleed it was heavier than a period.

I actually had quite a bit cramping early in this pregnancy, all localised at one side and everything is fine.

Are you in the UK?

that pesky corpus luteum cyst gives me a hard time, too. Every time, I get so scared that it's ectopic because I get bad, one sided ovary pain. I also have had first trimester pink spotting with all but my first pregnancy. It is just from my cervix being sensitive and will happen to me if I get a yeast infection or have sex or have to push to make a bowel movement. I Googled this (I know, I know) when I had this problem in the beginning of this pregnancy, even though I've had it every time, and many, many other people have complained about these same issues, the vast majority of which went on to have perfect babies.

Pain with an ectopic tends to be excruciating rather than crampy. I didn't have any bleeding until treatment either, and when I did bleed it was heavier than a period.

I actually had quite a bit cramping early in this pregnancy, all localised at one side and everything is fine.

Are you in the UK?
I'm sorry you had to go through that. Im glad this pregnancy is going well for you :)
No im in Australia, i guess im just a bit paranoid lol I'm on my own a lot with my boys and freak out that something will happen when hubby cant be contacted and i have no family or friends that live here to help.

that pesky corpus luteum cyst gives me a hard time, too. Every time, I get so scared that it's ectopic because I get bad, one sided ovary pain. I also have had first trimester pink spotting with all but my first pregnancy. It is just from my cervix being sensitive and will happen to me if I get a yeast infection or have sex or have to push to make a bowel movement. I Googled this (I know, I know) when I had this problem in the beginning of this pregnancy, even though I've had it every time, and many, many other people have complained about these same issues, the vast majority of which went on to have perfect babies.
How long does the pain last for, for you? I keep telling myself that its probably just the cyst like last time. The spotting only there when i wiped twice and i haven't had any more over night :) lol i google everything too and that makes everything worse :haha:

GOOGLE makes everything worse..I know the feeling lol...unless u have more bleeding or really bad pain, I wouldnt worry to much. I havent had any spotting or anything but cramps everyday...they started on left side in pelvic area but now its lower by like my ovaries...I cant wait to have my first appointment and see my baby bean and hear the heartbeat so I can feel more at ease! Good luck

GOOGLE makes everything worse..I know the feeling lol...unless u have more bleeding or really bad pain, I wouldnt worry to much. I havent had any spotting or anything but cramps everyday...they started on left side in pelvic area but now its lower by like my ovaries...I cant wait to have my first appointment and see my baby bean and hear the heartbeat so I can feel more at ease! Good luck
Lol good old google, more trouble then its worth. I'm not feeling as much pain as i was last night which is good. I agree i just want to see that baby is growing in the right spot with a nice healthy heart rate.

I had really bad ovary pain between 5-7 weeks along. I was also worried about having an ectopic. It pretty much went away after 7 weeks but I still feel it every once in a while.

I was about 7 weeks along when I had my 1st appointment with my doctor. He felt my uterus and said I 'definitely feel pregnant'. He also said that as long as I am having pregnancy symptoms (nausea, fatigue, breast tenderness etc...) that is actually a good sign and it means everything is progressing normally.

Hope this helps! Good luck! :)

Hey girl, hope your doing good!
I had an ectopic and didn't realize it till later than what you are and I had bright red bleeding. Later on when it was about to rupture I was in so much pain I couldn't move! Sharp stabbing pain only on one side. To add something else in the beginning of this pregnancy I also notice some cramping only on my left side down low and come to find out it is the side baby came from =)

Hey just wanted to give you my story. I've actually had 2 ectopic pregnancies, and I never felt either one. Had everyone tell me how painful they are, but I never felt a thing.

Ectopic 1: had bright red bleeding from around when period was due that never let up till they (finally!) did an ultrasound and found the ectopic ready to rupture. While I was waiting for surgery it did actually rupture, but I never felt it.

Ectopic 2: started brown stringy like "bleeding" around 5 weeks. It lasted a few days then turned bright red. Went to the dr the next day and did an ultrasound saying it was a miscarriage, but had to have blood work done to ensure numbers were going down appropriately. Called the next week saying it had doubled and to come in immediately for a repeat scan. By 7ish weeks the ectopic was big enough for them to see and had another emergency surgery. Never felt any pain with that one either.

I'd assume if it's just dull pain at this point it's probably not ectopic, but there's no way to know for sure until you get an ultrasound. Sorry you have to worry till morning, I hope all goes well for you!

Also forgot to add that with my ectopic the pain came on really suddenly - I felt like I had been stabbed. I was sleeping and sat bolt upright and yelped, there was no easing the pain and I was writhing in agony, I was in hospital within 30 minutes of the pain starting as I really thought I was dying. Mines hadn't even ruptured so I don't know what caused the sudden onset of such severe pain!

Good luck, I'm sure it isn't ectopic as they are pretty rare (1/100 chance) although on forums like this they seem way more common!

Also to add, I'm not sure this will make you feel better but the pain you are experiencing sounds far more like what I went through with my miscarriages than with my ectopic. But it also sounds like what I experienced with my healthy pregnancy.

In Australia do they have drop in early pregnancy units? I'm sure if you turn up concerned about an ectopic they will offer you bloodwork/a scan. It tends not to be something try let lie, just in case.

Thanks girls. So many different experiences with how an ectopic can pan out mod19 i can't believe that you didn't experience any pain how scary is that. Im glad you girls were all ok.
We don't have EPUs in Australia but i did just get back from the Dr and she seems to think all is ok. Bloods all fine, bp and urine fine. My levels are around 33000 now which is good for the 6-7 week mark. If i experience bright red blood or more pain the just have to go to the hospital. I have a scan to book in for 8 weeks.

Those numbers are awesome! Mine never got above 7000 with my second ectopic, and that was at almost 7 weeks. I'd say your good to go. Sorry you have to deal with the pain though. :(

Those numbers are awesome! Mine never got above 7000 with my second ectopic, and that was at almost 7 weeks. I'd say your good to go. Sorry you have to deal with the pain though. :(
Thank you :) I'm hoping the pain goes away soon because im over it. Had some pain last night and really bad back pain too but i think that's from my abdominal muscles being separated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->