Worried about how often epidural's seem to go wrong

In Canada at least the chances of having any major complications from an epidural are incredibly low! You might have a headache afterwards, or if the epidural doesn't work, they might have to try a second time... but the chances of any serious complications or permanent issues is super minimal. We were told at our info session that you have a better chance of being hit by a streetcar then having any issues with your epidural! I think a lot of places just like to use scare tactics to convince people not to use them because they're costly.

My plan is to just go with the flow... I'll start off without the pain meds, and then if I decide it's too much, I'll ask for the epidural. I think it's ridiculous that some women look down on each other because they wanted pain medication. Going "all natural" isn't going to make you a better parent. It's what you do after LO shows up that counts. So do whatever is right for you!

My friend had the epidural but she pushed and pushed and her baby wouldn't come out so she needed a csection. The epidural wasn't working well by then, they do a test of pinching your stomach and she could feel it. She was put under general anaesthetic for the section and wasn't offered a spinal. Maybe spinals are not used in Canada, I am not sure? She was pretty upset about missing the birth and not being the first to hear and see her baby :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->