Worried about hpt.

MrsBachelor81

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

2/27 hubby and I did a fresh transfer. We transferred 2 Blastocycts. Even tho I still had some trigger in my system hpt's started getting darker on 3/3. 3/10 beta was 518.
3/14 beta came back at 2135, progesterone 148, estrogen 1033. Yesterday evening I peed on a frer and the test line was much darker than the control line. Today the test line seems just as dark but the control line has gotten darker again too.
I am worried I am not pulling as much hcg from the control line and that something may be wrong. I have my first ultrasound tomorrow and am feeling quite nervous about it.
Has anyone had that happen before?
Thank you!

Try not to put too much stock in the test lines. There are so many variables at play, they will just give you a headache. I vote just hang on to the fact your doubling speed was 46 hours which is perfect and your numbers look great. :)

If you are testing with the frer especially they have been doing that a lot lately.. I thought for sure I was having a chemical this pregnancy when in fact my numbers were really high and doubling really fast... so try not to judge by tests they can't tell you anything especially with high levels!

They aren't designed to test your levels, just to give you a yes or no answer. Also it's normal for hcg to be lower in the evening than in the morning so the test was simply telling you your body is doing exactly what it's meant to do and that's a good sign. If you saw no line or a very faint line that would be different. I would see your midwife or doctor with any worries but stay away from the tests because they can't tell you much at this point.

As everyone above says, the darkness of the lines once they get that dark means nothing. Relax, you are pregnant and your numbers are great!!!

Totally agree with the above. These tests are a yes/no answer, not a level indicator. I doubt much care goes into making them to make them a identical, they aren't meant to be medical devices in that sense.

I did two tests this pregnancy, both FRER, both from the same box. My first in the afternoon was after a lot of water and the lines were super dark. The second, first thing in the morning after no water and the control line was dark but the test line much fainter. But still a yes. I just assumed there was different levels of dye in each one or something!

Good luck to you! Hope the scan goes well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->