worried about lifting

Beaney192

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
Hey all after some more advice lol I work in a care home and lifting is a big part of the job with hoist etc and I'm worried about lifting have been trying to avoid it but its hard when no one knows your pg they must just think I'm lazy I don't no what to do for the best xxx

I could be wrong but I have heard that anything you normally do is fine so if your body is used to this sort of lifting it should not be a problem :hugs:

I work with people with autism and the last time i was pregnant they had to risk assess everything that i did!! you would be better going to your manager and letting them know you are pregnant but telling them that you don't want people to know.They cant break your confidentiality!! you may get some advice and they will know what you can and cant do. I definitely wouldn't be lifting etc. My employers changed the s/u's i was allowed to work with.

I'm waiting to tell my manager just for the fact that she is my mil lol so it throws another spanner into the works

OH!!!!!!!! LOL Well i m not sure but i think maybe you should tell her what if something happened and you would always think i should have said!! I have lost 3!! i d play it safe and be catuious!!! Or you could just tell them that u hurt ur back???

Good luck hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->