Worried about long car trip in first few weeks

Brieanna

Reaction score
We have been planning a cross country car trip to visit my Father-in-law (1,500 miles total) and we will be out of town for 11 days. I found out I was pregnant last week and I will be barely 7 weeks when the trip starts. My first mc was at 7 weeks and I am so worried that it will happen again.

I have read that a car ride will not cause a mc, but I know that if it DOES happen while I am on the road I will blame myself (I still blame myself for my last mc because the day before it happened I accidentally came in contact with black mold). Plus I will be away from my doctor and a lot of the trip will be in VERY rural areas with few towns (or hospitals) if something does go wrong.

Even if nothing happens (fingers crossed) I will probably be miserable with first trimester symptoms. I have tried to talk to OH about my worries, but he just got mad (we have been planning it for a year and it has been 2 years since we saw his dad and we see my family every month because they only live a few hours away). Also he already has the time scheduled off and he can't change it and we would have to wait until next year until he can take vacation time again.

I am cautiously optimistic about this pregnancy because I haven't had any of the symptoms that I had before (spotting, cramping, light lines on hpt's, etc) and if I had my choice I would stay inside a bubble for the next 9 months, lol! I know that isn't realistic, but you know how it is. :winkwink:

I guess I just want to know if anyone had positive stories about traveling and being pregnant? Especially with a history of miscarriages? Thank you!

Hi I flew from London to New York and back again I think I was probably 8-9 weeks. Had 3 previous mc. Also had spotting and a red bleed before. I had a scan and check up with all fine before I left. There isn't anything you can ever do to stop a mc if it's going to happen it will. As harsh as that sounds. Take lots of breaks and drink plenty. Try and keep your mind occhpied on other things. Mine worry was it happening in the air but I had already decided to treat this baby with the baby as the outcome rather than waiting for the mc to happen again.

In the early weeks of this pregnancy, I traveled to Austin by myself. Now granted I was in a large city, but as a previous poster stated, there is no way to stop a miscarriage. The best thing you can do for yourself is try to enjoy this trip. Being relaxed and thinking positive is good for you. It is also good for the baby.

P.S.

It's time to stop blaming yourself for your miscarriage. I highly doubt the black mold contributed to your last miscarriage and that you personally did anything to bring about the miscarriage. Learning to forgive yourself can be one step to feeling better overall. I know it is easier said than done, but allow yourself to relax and smile at some things in life. You have another opportunity to bring a life into the world. Cherish that :)

Thank you ladies for your reassurance. :) I guess I know that there is really nothing I can do and that it wasn't my fault for the other mc's but then I start to think too much and worry,lol. I actually feel sorry for OH for having to deal with me for the whole ride because I am already having to pee all the time!

MamaTex- We live in Nacogdoches, Texas but my OH's mom lives in Baytown so we go down around your area about once a month! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->