Worried about period changes and chances of getting pregnant again

Luna1723

Reaction score
4 months ago i had a miscarriage with my first pregnancy.

I was quite lucky in that my period returned after 4 weeks and i’ve since had 3 periods.

however I’m a little freaked out as my period symptoms have drastically changed and i’m worried that means something is wrong. I always had sore breasts a week or so before my period but that doesn’t happen anymore. Losing breast tenderness was the first symptom of my miscarriage and they haven’t been sore since. My periods also used to be horrendously painful/heavy and now they’re not, the only sign i have that my period is due is that i become exhausted to the point i thought i was pregnant again last month but i wasn’t. It’s like my body is mimicking the pregnancy symptoms i had before my period.

I expected the first couple to be different due to the trauma on my body and the hormone changes but when it’s still going on i don’t know if it’s normal.

sorry if this is a little long winded i’m just concerned that something is wrong as my partner and i made the decision to start trying again right away, has anyone experienced anything similar that can reassure me?

Mine changed a lot after our second miscarriage - All of a sudden I had the worst PMS from 3dpo - AF arriving, and it was so heavy. It was absolutely miserable. It did improve - I actually went on a med called Vitex to help balance out my hormones again & by my 5th period after my miscarriage, my symptoms were minimal and the heaviness of AF decreased so much! Not saying you need to go on something - but just saying that our hormones do WACKY things and I believe my issues were all related to my hormones being unbalance. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to f/u with your doctor and get some labs checked? I finally went in at the start of my 5th cycle trying again and found out that I also had undiagnosed PCOS - regular cycles led me to believe PCOS couldn't be my issue - boy was I wrong!…… Maybe starting with your doctor wouldn't be a bad idea! TTCAL isn't fun. :(

I think it's normal for our cycles to change somewhat after being pregnant. After DS I lost the breast tenderness pms symptom as well. It barely ever happens now and it's no where near as intense. Also, the pain I used to experience was debilitating and I was so thankful that changed as well. After DD my leutal phase increased. I haven't had enough cycles after my loss to figure out what has changed but I really think it's normal for things to be different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->