• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Worried about SA results

Hi Ladies,
My DH is going for his SA this morning. The results are being sent to my ob/gyn and they said it would take 14 business days. I was just curious how long it took all of you to get your results? Maybe that is just the worse case scenario and I could get the call earlier?...

Our results came back in about 10 days but then we had to wait for an appointment with the doc which was fustrating

Kaye - thanks for the offer of support. Had a really tearful morning but doing better now. Just not looking forward to how long the whole process will take now

Thanks kidloco1, I hope you get the help you deserve from a good doctor! Best wishes xx

Went to see my friend tonight who is a doctor and spent some time in a fertility clinic. She made me feel a lot better about things although we still obviously starting out on an uphill struggle

Hi gals. Just read all of the posts. My hubby's SA results came back within 24 hours and were sent to my ob/gyn. Unfortunately they didnt see any sperm :cry: so things are looking and feeling a bit hopeless now.
I didnt know it took so long to make new sperm. Anyone know what habits can cause low sperm counts? THis just sucks! Why is it so hard to pregnant when you feel ready and then all of a sudden it's the hardest thing in the world to achieve?

smoking, drinking, overweight can cause sperm problems.

My hubby is overweight so we started dieting together and he lost a massive 6LB this week, so proud of him :)
Thats all we are doing till after his second SA and then we will start on the vitamins xx

Hi gals. Just read all of the posts. My hubby's SA results came back within 24 hours and were sent to my ob/gyn. Unfortunately they didnt see any sperm :cry: so things are looking and feeling a bit hopeless now.
I didnt know it took so long to make new sperm. Anyone know what habits can cause low sperm counts? THis just sucks! Why is it so hard to pregnant when you feel ready and then all of a sudden it's the hardest thing in the world to achieve?

I am sorry to hear you got these results :(
In addition to smoking, drinking, overall health, I also heard try to keep him cool- no laptops, or hot baths, etc. Also Zinc, Vit C, and other vitamins can help. Best of luck to you - I know we all need it!!

It may be that he has a blocked duct or something so the sperm can't get to where they need to be - so once you see the urologist there maybe something they can do, rather than OH having to make lifestyle changes. Fingers crossed for you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->