• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Worried about SA results

kidloco1

Reaction score
Hi all

Well I got good news first when I called the docs and were told that my bloods came back consistent with ovulation. However, OH called the docs to check if his sperm results were back and they are but the receptionist said she could not view them and he would need to come in to the docs. We can't get an appointment until Monday so it looks like a weeknd of worrying!

Kidloco- I'm sorry that anyone has to go through this!! I definitley know how dificult it is to not worry. I hate when people say oh don't worry like yeah ok you try doing that!!!!!

But I will say that at least it's one step closer knowing the reason why you and OH haven't concived yet! It's giving you answers!!! Because with answers come solutions so I think that whatever the result is it will bring you one step closer to holding that beautiful healthy baby that we all wish so bad!!!!

We had the SA done and my DH came out with low count & motility (10% good and 0% excellent) so it was definitley hard to take but when we went to the FS he said that the count wasn't bad but that the motility did need to improve. My DH is taking L-Carnatine (an amino acid) which is suppose to help. I've also read of a lot of other meds and vitamins that can help. So don't give up hope!!!!! It will happen well get that BFP soon!!!

I think it might also be be because the receptionist didn't know how to interpret the results :flower:

Fingers crossed for you xx

I think it might also be be because the receptionist didn't know how to interpret the results :flower:

Fingers crossed for you xx

Thats so true. When I got a call about DH results, she had no idea what the results meant. So I had to call in again the next day to find out. Hope all will be well...good luck.

Thanks for your replies. We will just have to be patient and wait and see - not something I'm very good at

Hi

we recently just had our results, which were not good :-(

But the reason they dont do it over the phone is because there is lots of things tested to go through.
they tell you the volume, ph, count, motility, morphology and immotile. So you may be in there for 10 mins or so.

So try to think positive and not worry all weekend it could be good news also.

Keep us updated xxx Good Luck xxxx

Hi there

Did you have the results through your gp ? Cause from Reading info on b&b it would seem it's different from when your fs gives you the results

My dh had his sa through gp but when he gave the results it was given as ' nothing to worry about, not great but not bad ' kind of thing, NOTHING else was discussed with us ?
We have our fs app in 2 weeks where they have said they need to do 2 more sa to get a true Reading so I hope we will get better results than from what our gp gave us !

Hi there

Did you have the results through your gp ? Cause from Reading info on b&b it would seem it's different from when your fs gives you the results

My dh had his sa through gp but when he gave the results it was given as ' nothing to worry about, not great but not bad ' kind of thing, NOTHING else was discussed with us ?
We have our fs app in 2 weeks where they have said they need to do 2 more sa to get a true Reading so I hope we will get better results than from what our gp gave us !

Ours was from GP, we have not seen FS yet xx

Hi Kidloco, know exactly how you feel.

My hubby phoned a couple of weeks ago for his results (on a Friday too) but like you the receptionist couldn't give the results over the phone so had to wait til telephone app on a Monday.

The doctor wasn't very specific when discussing and only really said he needed bloods done which we knew are a sign of not a great result. Getting bloods results on Weds now where I am gonna make sure I am present to get exact figures.

Like someone else said in a way knowing that something is up with one of us helps with knowing why and now we just need to try and fix it :hugs:

OH phoned the GPs again today to see if could get telephone appt but still had none. He spoke to another receptionist though who said they only give blood results over the phone as SA is just numbers etc which they don't understand. Hopefully this is true but part of me thinks she just didn't want us to worry. We'll have to see

Hey Kidloco1 - just wanted to let you know that we're in the same position this weekend. When I called the GP on Friday to see if the results were back the receptionist told me there was a note on the file that simply said "letter sent to patient". She said she couldn't find any other info - we assume the hospital has sent the letter but now we're at the mercy of the postman! We can't work out whether it's good news or bad because surely the doctor should also be told either way?

I really hope they haven't lost our results and we have to do it again...

Hello, I use to work on reception in the doctors and we would never give out SA results. We could get the doc to phone the patient, make an appt with the doc or the patient could come in and ask for a copy of there results but we would certainly not give them out.
Hope this eases your worries a little xx

receptionist are not allowed to give results over the phone only nurses and doctors and even then they like to see you to explain them better xxx

Hi Hope - fingers crossed for you that they haven't lost them. Aid and Kayley - thanks for your posts - makes me feel better. Had a dream last night that we went and results were good - hope it was a premonition

did you get the results today? Hope they where good like your dream xx

There weren't good. Quite low volume, 33 mill but 62% immotile, 31% slowly progressive and 2% fast progressive. Saw a different doc today and he was useless - just laughed and told us to do a third sample. I'm gutted - I know it's not useless but so upset

He laughed!! Thats outrageous! Is he insensitive or what? That makes me mad.

You mentioned doing a third sample, was your first sample similar? We were told to repeat in 6 weeks after our first wasnt so great. Then they came back the same and we were told to wait 3 months to re-test as this is how long it takes to make new sperm.

I would definitely see a different doctor next time too.
love fluffy xx

There weren't good. Quite low volume, 33 mill but 62% immotile, 31% slowly progressive and 2% fast progressive. Saw a different doc today and he was useless - just laughed and told us to do a third sample. I'm gutted - I know it's not useless but so upset

I also agree with fluffystar - he laughed, thats disgusting and no laughing matter.

I totally understand how you are feeling hun, Im still gutted now over our results.
Our doctor said to do another sample in 2 months time, which ties in with what fluffystar said that it takes 6 weeks for fresh batch to start coming through.

can i ask aswell did you do the sample at home or at clinic. My hubby did his at home and he only just got it to the clinic in the hour (55 mins), i know maybe i am clutching at straws but beleive maybe some of the sperm died because of time!

if you need to chat or anything i am here and understand how it feels too xxxx

Hey girls
Can I join you all? My hubby has gone for his 3rd SA sample. I'm expecting results sometime in the middle of the week. His motility and morphology and volume are all fine. BUT the count is v. low.

First sample - 8 million only (with bacterial infection, so he took antibiotics for 1 mth)
Second Sample - 14 Million (Taken immediately after he finished the antibiotics)

And now we're waiting for the 3rd sample. I'm hoping that the sperm count has definitely improved since his sperms have more time to recover from the bacterial infection and reproduce??? I don't know....Anybody here has experience with increased sperm count after bacterial infection?

Hi Cheerios

My oh sperm count was 16.7million in 4ml, so very low. He has been on amoxyclin so waiting to see if it makes a difference at next test.

sorry i cant be more help, but hope you get the results you want and get a bfp soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->