Worried about swelling?

MyFavSurprise

Reaction score
I am in my 20th week and in the last few days have started swelling in my hands, ankles, and feet. I cant wear my wedding ring anymore and my socks are tight and so are my loose fitting sneakers. I have put my feet up but nothing seems to change, and they hurt to stand on, it feels like my skin is full and stretching

I have never been this swollen in either of my other pregnancies at any time and am kind of worried about other causes of this swelling :/ my right side is worse than my left..

Is pre e something to worry about starting now? Is swelling alone enough to be the start? Has anyone else swollen this badly just for normal pregnancy reasons?

I would go have your BP checked just to be on the safe side. my midwife was asking me about those sorts of symptoms the other day because my BP was higher than usual (although still within normal range) it was just because I'd made it to the appointment with a minute to spare! They'd rather check you out and everything be ok than the other way round

Definitely talk to your midwife or OB and get your BP checked regularly. They will monitor you and check for protein in the urine. Always better to be overly cautious! Hope all is well!:hugs:

Definitely sounds like more than standard pregnancy swelling. I'd be worried about pre e as well. I hope it's simple and an easy fix, it has to be uncomfy. :hugs:

I have had more swelling in this pregnancy than my others. I had next to none with my 1st. Mine only tends to be if I overdo it and am on my feet for a long time or get to hot. It goes away when I rest. Drinking plenty of water seems to help too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->