• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Worried about the pain

Snowbelle

Reaction score
So, after a scan yesterday, I was told the baby had only grown 3 days worth in a week and they couldn't find a heartbeat, so I've been given the option of waiting for it to happen naturally (which I'm not keen on as that could take many weeks) or to have the tablets.

What worries me is that last time I had the tablets (5 years ago) I was in excruciating agony, the 30/500 cocodamols they gave me didn't touch the pain and I bled very heavily for a long time. I can't afford to take a lot of time off work, so I don't know what to do.

Has anyone had any experience with the tablets where the pain hasn't been that bad? How long did you take off work?

Thanks

Sorry about your loss. :-( I've used the tablets twice, but I think both times I was given a smaller dosage. The first time was a week postpartum to try to rid my body of some retained material, and the second time was to soften the cervix hours prior to a D&C for a MMC. I was really scared each time, but I never felt much more than subtle period-like cramping. Like I said, though, I think my dosage was less than some women are given. Maybe ask if you can start with a smaller dosage and increase as needed?

Good luck :hugs:

Thanks
I had the tablet Monday and had to do the pessaries this afternoon but I started bleeding heavily and passing clots this morning. The pain wasn't/isn't as bad as it was when I had the tablets 6 years ago. Maybe because it started by itself before I did the pessaries. There is so much blood though, but finally starting to slow down and the cramps are easing off

If I were you, I would give it awhile and see what happens. Although, waiting is definitely torture. Are you seeing any blood or discharge?

I had a natural miscarriage yesterday morning (completed). The doctor had given me the medication on Thurs (main event occurred Fri morn). After reading about it, I was terrified to take it. I let nature take its course and luckily everything kicked in and I was able to complete the miscarriage. I was 7 weeks.

I am so, so fortunate. Didn't have one labor pain, cramp. Absolutely nothing. I had a lot of painless contractions on Thurs night and woke up, ran to the toilet and passed A LOT of the uterine contents. I have been passing large clots today, but so happy the main part is over. The hardest part was waiting and worrying.

I wonder if pain wise, how much it makes a difference to go natural vs. using a medication to get the ball rolling. Every woman is so different.

I hope this all reserves for you soon. I know what your going through. Most of us here do, and it just completely sucks. Let us know how you are!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->