worried about ultrasound

BringmeStork

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

I'm new here. I had a previous miscarriage and so today we went in for our first ultrasound at 5 weeks 6 days. The only thing that was there was the yolk sac. They couldn't see the fetal pole. I am pretty positive about when I conceived so I am really either 5.4 days-5.6 days since my LMP.

The Doctor asked me to come back in a week and a half. Can any of you please reassure me or let me know if this has happened to them?

Thank You.

Honestly it isn't too uncommon not to see much at 5w6d. Anything before 7 weeks is still very early and gives no guarantee of viability verification. It depends upon your hcg levels, and it varies by person, so someone who saw a heartbeat at 5w6d doesn't always mean that someone else could see it that early. Typically I think hormone levels have to be at least 10,000 for a fetal pole to be seen, and 15,000 for a heartbeat. If your levels aren't that high yet, then you won't see anything.

Thank You. What is really strange is that the tech said I think I might see something but not sure. Seriously scared because I've never had children so it just makes me extra nervous to know what goes on. I have been trying to read posts and people are saying they had a pole and heartbeat at 5weeks 6 days.

I’m going through the exact same as you but I’m a few days ahead - my next scan is Monday. We saw the yolk sac a week ago - she measured me at 5 weeks but I am pretty sure of my dates and know that’s not possible. Like miss caviar said - the thing I’m hoping for is hcg levels as according to them what they saw is within the normal parameters - less than 10000 and that’s also within the lower end of average for my dates. So it should be the same for you. Hopefully it’ll all be fine x

I am wishing the best for you! Probably just too early to tell right? I'm keeping my hopes on that.

I saw a heartbeat with my third on what they dated me 5w6d but I have since had a later scan which put me forward by 4 days so actually would of been 6w3d at that scan.

I also had early scans with my second at 5w3d and 7w3d and we only saw the sac one the first One, thankfully a heartbeat on the second and now a healthy nearly 1 year old

At 5 weeks 2 days we only saw a sac, nothing inside. 6 weeks 6 days we saw TWO sacs, two babes and two heart beats :) definitely normal at that stage to not see a babe yet

I had a scan at 6 weeks and we could barely see a thing. The machine was dated amd because it was a private scan they dont do trans vaginal. If it was tram abdominal i wouldnt worry to much as it really is so hard to see anything. She just told me everything looks normal and i had to hold onto that. Best of luck xx

Honestly at 5+6 it’s not worrying to not see the baby or heartbeat. You should only definitely be able to see the sac and yolk at that stage. With my son he wasn’t visible at 5+6 and he is 7 months old now but one of my daughters was visible really early at 5+3. They all vary. You have a huge chance that all will be perfectly well at your next scan :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->