Worried after early scan

Bumblebee88

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm currently 7 weeks and one day. I had a EPU scan when I was 6 weeks 2 on 15th due to bad cramping. I had it done transvaginally and baby was measuring one day out at 6 weeks 1, everything looked fine. Saw the heart beat flickering too. Previously, booked a private scan at 7 weeks for 20th and baby was only 6 weeks 4 but that was abdominally. It's only grown about 1.2mm in 5 days. The sac looked good and there was a yolk sac and a heart beat. I'm just concerned that baby hasn't grown much.

Would abdominal scan give a smaller measurement? Has anyone had this? This is my first pregnancy and I'm so worried about miscarrying..

I honestly wouldn't worry you saw a heartbeat!

Measurements at that gestation aren't too accurate because they are so small if they are a tiny bit out and measuring they can take days off I had a scan and I was measuring 5+4 abdominal scan two weeks later was measuring 7 so hasn't grown as much but it isn't too accurate so I'm not worried. Don't be worried either x

I agree with above
Statement. I've had 6 ultrasounds this pregnancy and especially in the beginning the calculations varied time to time. Abdominal before. 13 weeks really aren't accurate. I've been 3 days bigger or smaller depending on the day. The important thing is that you saw another heart beat.

Oh and the quality of machine used matters too.

I have to agree with the girls above.

Me too. I had a abdominal scan this past Tuesday. I had some slight spotting so they didn't want to do a transvag. They measured 7w2days but that would be a week less from my lmp. I highly doubt I ovulated that much later because whenever I have a shorter lp I never conceive. Seems to work best when things are properly timed if that makes any sense. I'm surprised the tech could see anything at all so I'm pretty sure the measurement was off. If hb was good try to think positive! Congrats!

I hope everything is alright for you, but my baby measured behind and had a heartbeat, and I ended up having a mmc. Had a second scan a week later because I knew something wasn't right, and we no longer had a heartbeat (8+5). I had a d&c at 9+5. Just giving my experience, not to worry you. The other girls are right. TYPICALLY, a few days off at the early scans (esp abdominal) is no big deal. My baby measured 12 days off where I should have been, so I wouldn't worry about a day or a few days. That is pretty normal.

I just had this sense of dread the entire pregnancy. Not sure if that was coincidence or what, because I have never been pregnant before! I would say as long as you are feeling alright, don't worry about it. Enjoy being pregnant!

Don't worry. Hope everything is alright.

Thanks ladies. I feel slightly more confident after your replies. 33 days until the 12 weeks scan!!! xx

Also re read my first scan in my medical notes (I'm a nurse and it was done in the hospital I worked in) It has grown 2.3mm in 5 days which is not too bad I suppose...:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->