Worried after first appt-Uterus and baby not measuring same?

Jencocoa

Reaction score
I had my first doctor appointment today. When she do the exam, my uterus was measuring 12+ weeks. When they looked with the ultrasound machine, the baby looked about nine weeks. This happen to anyone else?

If its not your first pregnancy your womb can measure ahead and u can show earlier, its already done the stretching and growing before xx

Yup, my second pregnancy I measured roughly 5 cm (or 'weeks') ahead every single time they checked. Ended up getting sent in for extra growth scans because of it, but baby was absolutely fine and measuring spot on.

It can be caused by lots of things, indeed muscles not being as tight any more due to a previous pregnancy, position of the baby, amount of amniotic fluid etc. Nothing to worry about =)

Thanks so much. At first she had me scared about twins but she said she saw just one. She thought maybe I was wrong about my last cycle, which is possible cause it was a weird short early period. But then she saw baby and baby looked 9 weeks, what I am supposed to be. I asked I could be 12 weeks and baby is small and something wrong. She said yes but not likely . Heartbeat was strong. She said most likely it is because it is my third pregnancy. She ordered a scan though to get better idea but said it is up to me.

This did not happen with my second, which worries me.

I have been looking online, and of course a lot says it's because your baby might be big. But when she use the ultrasound machine today my uterus was big but the baby was small.

My uterus was measuring several weeks ahead of my daughter at my first appointment, she is my first and only pregnancy. It all seemed to level out by my first ultrasound at 11/12 weeks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->