Worried beyond belief

Loren

Reaction score
Hi al went for a scan 2 weeks ago today (early scan) nothing atall was visible not even gestational sac, got brought back today to which I should
Be 5 weeks 6 days, ther was a gestational sac but no fetal pole or yolk sac. They took blood and my hcg levels Wer 4581 got to go back Thursday to get a second lot done I'm absoloutly petrified. Ther calling it pregnancy of unknown location

It's rather early at 5+6 weeks to see anything hun. At my 6+4 scan with daughter only a sac was visible and she's 6 months old now. I'd just wait and see what the next scan says before you get too upset. Most likely your just a bit early to see anything. Good luck!

What does unknown location mean?
Can they not see anything on scan? Was it vaginal or abdominal.
Try not to over analyse things. Did they feel it was just too early to see sac etc?

It's rather early at 5+6 weeks to see anything hun. At my 6+4 scan with daughter only a sac was visible and she's 6 months old now. I'd just wait and see what the next scan says before you get too upset. Most likely your just a bit early to see anything. Good luck!

Thank you very much Hun for the reassurance al pop back on Thursday with my hcg level results hopefully it's just what happened to you is happening to me xx

A pregnancy of unknown location is the typical medical terminology used until a yolk sac has been identified. This is because ectopic pregnancies are known to produce enough hormones that the body creates a "suedo sac" which cannot be considered a viable pregnancy yet..technically. For what it's worth I didn't have a suedo sac with my ectopic and my first viable pregnancy was only a sac until 6 weeks 2 days and then we saw everything. I was being scanned every two days because of my ectopic history and it was nerve wrecking :nope:

I didn't catch if they did an internal scan? I assume they did this early on but even then it can take a technician or doctor who is quite good at it to find the right angle to see the trademark echogenic ring associated with a yolk sac so try to be patient. Hopefully your next scan will confirm that's a viable sac with a yolk and fetal pole...maybe even a heartbeat!

What does unknown location mean?
Can they not see anything on scan? Was it vaginal or abdominal.
Try not to over analyse things. Did they feel it was just too early to see sac etc?

Ther putting it down to that at the min it means it's a possibility that baby is anywhere else around the womb, tubes etc not in the womb so eptopic. Nope just the little black blob Wer baby should be growing that wasn't visible 2 weeks ago n now it is so hopefully baby will appear next week. Vaginal hun, she sed it could be early, she did then tell me she scanned a lady last week and they could only see what they seen on mine today she's come back today for a rescan and ther was twins so fingers crossed its just too early xxx

A pregnancy of unknown location is the typical medical terminology used until a yolk sac has been identified. This is because ectopic pregnancies are known to produce enough hormones that the body creates a "suedo sac" which cannot be considered a viable pregnancy yet..technically. For what it's worth I didn't have a suedo sac with my ectopic and my first viable pregnancy was only a sac until 6 weeks 2 days and then we saw everything. I was being scanned every two days because of my ectopic history and it was nerve wrecking :nope:

I didn't catch if they did an internal scan? I assume they did this early on but even then it can take a technician or doctor who is quite good at it to find the right angle to see the trademark echogenic ring associated with a yolk sac so try to be patient. Hopefully your next scan will confirm that's a viable sac with a yolk and fetal pole...maybe even a heartbeat!

Thank you very much Hun you lot have made me feel a lot more at ease than the doctor herself, I felt myself she didn't do an in depth scan OH thinks she did I didn't she scanned for a mere 5 minutes to me given my hcg levels and super dark tests wasn't enough time, I will know more by 9.30am Thursday so I'm hoping to see 8000-9000 levels by then. Thank you again Hun xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->