Worried, dates not adding up and no sysmptoms.

Overthinker13

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been silently going out of my mind for a few weeks now. I am very concerned that something is amiss for a number of reasons.

My last period was on Feb 13th. My cycle is usually around 5 weeks although I only recently came of birth control so I only have two previous cycles to go off.

I took two First Response tests in the 6th week after my last period which both showed negative.

In week 7 after my last period I took another test which showed positive followed by two negative and then two positive. For this reason, my pregnancy didn't get off on a good foot, filling me with doubt from the outset. My positive results on Clearblue with indicator, showed me at 1-2 weeks which didn't make sense according to the dates of my last period.

I waited until week 8 and took another two tests which both came out positive. I have not had any bleeding but nor have I had any symptoms other than perhaps a slight feeling that my period may start, some bad headaches and a few pimples on my neck on my neck and chest. Anxious to see that my pregnancy was progressing despite all the confusion, I used Clearblue with indicator again and was relieved to see it had increased to 2-3 weeks but still very confused over the dates based on my last period.

One week later and it will be 9 weeks since my last period tomorrow. I tested again today expecting the weeks indicator to have moved to 3+ but it has not. I still do not really have nay symptoms and I am terrified something is up because I'm so far along from my last period but the tests are not supporting this and my body just doesn't feel pregnant.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Is it possible I ovulated 4 weeks late? Or could the Clearblue test be highlighting a problem?

My doctor says if there is no bleeding, not to worry but I can't stop myself and am so scared of miscarrying.

I would guess its probably the dates are off. When you come off bc your cycles can vary in length until they get to normal. You could have very well have ovulated later than you thought. Also remember the indicator goes by amount of hcg and that can vary with people.

Thanks for coming back to me. That's reassuring to know. I know I should just try to calm myself down but it's hard. In many ways I wish I had symptoms for comfort!

x

I definitely understand why you are worried. Luckily, I think you just ovulated late. Sounds like you skipped a whole month. I think it's pretty common when you come off BC but if you are super worried, put your foot down with your doctor and get a couple of HCG tests to make sure it's doubling in the right amount of time (I think 72 hours?). This first few weeks is always scary but I think your pregnancy will progress just fine. Good Luck!

Thank you for reassuring me, it really is helpful to hear. Its just a huge worry that my level don;t seem to be raising according to the weeks indicator on the tests. Fingers crossed all is good.

x

Yeah i hear you there...i myself have very little symptoms so sometimes i wonder. Its normal to worry :)

The weeks indicator only goes by hcg not your lmp. So if you for sure ovulated late, then it will be off. So i wouldnt keep stressing over the indicator as its not relevant to your lmp and only level of hcg. Being the indicator shows lower signals to you ovulated late.

Those weeks indicator tests cause a lot of stress for a lot of women, I can tell just by the posts on this board. I'd avoid them, they are ONLY an estimate and not a very accurate one at that.

Coming of BC can mess with your O timing, and counting from your last period only works if you ovulate on day 14 of your cycle, otherwise it will be off. I'd get hcg tests or wait a bit and get a dating scan (but not right now you'd probably not see anything) they will need to get more accurate dates anyway since your cycles are irregular.

based on lmp you would almost be ready for your scan. Ask for a dating scan if you are eligible for one. I just went into the clinic and told them I didn't know how far along I was but that I had a positive test. I had an ultrasound the next day. I know by dates you aren't close to 12 weeks yet but until you have had a scan that shows otherwise or you know exactly when you ovulated they go by lmp.
I agree with pp, the weeks indicators can cause a lot of stress for people. It can depend on many things including how diluted your urine is.

The CB weeks estimator is not accurate. When I was pregnant a woman on here called the company and the person she spoke to told her they were not accurate. As far as symptoms, they don't mean much although I know it's more reassuring to have tons than none. My mom had absolutely no symptoms at all with me and here I am. And think of all those women who never knew they were pregnant until the baby comes. If you ovulated late, which sounds like you did, and you think you are at least 6 weeks, I'd ask for a scan which will hopefully ease your mind a bit. GL

Hiya hun with my second son i was due in December by my lmp, and i didnt get a positive pregnancy test till late and they wernt strong and like you i was very worried although i hadnt bled i just thought something was wrong because the tests were so light for how far past lmp i was, went for my 12 week scan and i was put back to January 13th as my due date i was over 3 weeks out from lmp dates! But hes sat next to me right now 6 years old :) so it can just be you ovulated a lot later than you should have, try not to worry yourself, easier said than done i know, i have no symptoms yet with this pregnancy (feeling a bit sicky but have to think about it to notice it lol) and it worries me so i know what you mean, i would ask for a dating scan if i were you

I just want to say a huge thank you to you all for commenting and helping to put my mind at rest.

It's certainly a relief to hear that I'm not alone in my overthinking and that others have been in a similar position.

I'm going to stop driving myself crazy with speculation and get myself off to the early pregnancy unit for a blood test.

I'll make sure to come back and update.

X

GL hun. And those tests are a no no! They always give me mixed readings. All the best

When my son was conceived the his due date just couldn't possibly be correct. I was out by c8 days. I know it couldn't be this date as it was the cremation of our son we had lost and trust me there was no funny business happening between me and hubby. Anyway to cut a long story short he was born in March 2014 a day after the due date and s full 9 days after I could have conceived on my calculations. So yes it can happen, your dates can be wrong, it's nothing to worry about and just go with the date they give you from your scan. Good luck xx

Hi all.

I've read many of these feeds over the last few weeks and thought it Important that I come back to close the loop as many don't.

I went for an early scan last Friday and was dated at just 5 weeks rather then 9 as per my LMP. The doctor thought it possible my dates were just amiss too and booked me in for a scan in another two weeks.

However, I began to spot when I returned home. Over the next couple of days the spotting turned to bleeding accompanied by terrible pain and I believe I have miscarried.

I suspect the pregnancy stopped developing at 5 weeks, perhaps explaining the way I've been feeling in the last few weeks.

I wish you all the best.

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back