Worried first time mama...bein neurotic </3

elianacedar

Reaction score
Hi lovely sisters... I'm writing because I need to reach out and hear some other personal experiences.... I had an unexpected, unplanned conception that at first left me reeling...after giving it some time I've never felt such an attachment and bond in my whole life...And I'm quite worried for the little blueberry all of a sudden...

I should be about 10 weeks along-- my last period was January 29th, but the only time I could have conceived was between Feb. 10-28th...I did get an ultrasound [edited] and placed me at 6 weeks March 26th... seeing the little being just totally changed my life....but there's been some concerns I've had, and I was wondering if anyone could share their stories, and if they identify with...

1) Lessening symptoms around the 10 week mark-- because BOY was I nauseous and exhausted the last month! Never vomited, but had constant feeling of sickness most of the day and the hunger was outstanding...crazy fatigue and the most insanely sore boobs. The last week or two it's been gradually fading a bit...I'll have some symptom swings but it is drastically better than it has been...

and 2) I went to a midwife to get a doppler...she sounded very confident she's found heartbeats at 10/9wks yet...I couldn't find my little beans :( Has anyone been through that?

Thank you so much for listening. I've had nightmares of miscarriages all week and I am sooo not bueno right now :( I don't know how I'd bear that loss....... </3 Thank you thank you thank you sisters. so much love.

I've read plenty of stories on here about nausea seeming to get better around that stage. Some women say it returns a week later with a vengeance. Who knows!? A friend of mine said she felt better by week 9, meanwhile mine has only started to get a teensy bit better in the last week.

Very common to not hear a heartbeat this early on a doppler. I've only just reached 14 weeks and my obstetrician used the doppler on me for the first time yesterday because (she said) you don't often pick up a heartbeat with a doppler before this time.

There is nothing in the world that makes you stress more than pregnancy. I know (at least for me) I was freaking out that I wouldn't be able to conceive, then I was worrying about the little one sticking in there and now I'm worrying about little one staying all nice and safe in there. Having already been through this a few years ago I can assure you the worrying never stops - it does get a little easier.... but you get buckets of love mixed in with it so it's all good. :)

My symptoms completely vanished at 10 weeks with my first. They did come back but I was quite paranoid about why they'd vanished. At ten weeks a lot of symptoms gradually start getting better anyway. :)

I'm 10 weeks and my symptoms have been gradually easing up. Its at this point that the placenta starts forming and taking over.

As for the Doppler, the baby's heart is so teeny tiny at the moment. If he wriggles a lot, or if you're carrying extra weight for example then you won't find him without spending almost 20 minutes searching which I imagine the Dr didn't x

These ladies are exactly right. At 9-10 weeks the placenta starts to take over, meaning your body isn't dealing with quite the onslaught of early pregnancy hormones that it once was. So it's normal for sickness to get better at that point. Mine certainly did in my last pregnancy.

As for the doppler, it can be quite difficult to find baby on a doppler every time at 9 weeks. With my son, I didn't even start looking until 10 weeks, at which point I'd find him maybe 1/5 times I tried. For like a second, them it would disappear. It was much easier by 12-13 weeks. Hope that helps, hun. Pregnancy is a worrying time; each trimester brings it's own fears and insecurities. Good luck, and I hope you find bubs on a doppler soon enough so you can stop worrying!

Eeee thank you ladies, such wonderful encouragement to wake up to <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"