Worried for health of bump!

debralouise

Mummy to Grace and Jack x
Reaction score
Hi I wondered if anyone could give me some advice. I'm 11 weeks and have had unpleasant nausea so far from about 7 weeks onwards but today I've been sick all day. I feel fine, not ill but everytime I eat something I can't keep it down, even dry toast!

I'm worried for Bump as technically he/she hasn't had anything all day - not held down long enough!! Sorry to be graphic. Should I be concerned or is this just natural morning sickness (or ALL DAY sickness)

Thanks in advance
Debra and bump xx

Hi :hi:

I am 13 weeks and am still suffering bad all day and night sickness. Seen my midwife 4 times and she has done loads of tests etc and so far everything has thankfully came back clear. I am now on a Coke Cola diet so I get plenty of sugar. I had to have a diabetes (sp?) test too but that came back normal. The midwife just said to force feed myself with small light meals and try to keep it down as long as possible. I have found that if I take my time and and lie down after eating anything it does ease off a bit. Sorry I cant be of much help.

I was having serious issues with the sickness (all day) and there were lot of days I didn't eat anything. I talked to the doctor about it, I had the same concern as you. He told me that the baby would go off of nutrients in my body that are stored for times like this. I was encouraged to eat but told not to stress because baby takes what he needs.

Unless you was like this every day i wouldn't worry too much, my sister had horrendous sickness throughout her pregnancy right up until giving birth, she used to burst the blood vessels in her eyes from puking so much! However she had whopping big babies weighing 9lb and 10lb4oz so the sickness and not getting enough to eat did not really apply!!!

There is no need to worry about your baby not getting anything, baby will be getting plenty. When pregnant your body builds fat stores especially for things like this, so the baby will always have what it needs. Also, not a very nice thing to say, but your baby is a parasite. On a good note, it means that the baby is out for itself and will take everything it needs from you! x

I too saw my midwife about this. She said in the first trimester then as long as you are keeping down water the baby should be able to get everything it needs.

Turns out DH has been ill all night with some of the same symptoms - although does seem little worse than mine (could it be manflu?) Now thinking we both have this awful sickness bug that's going round. xx:blush:

As horrible as it is, at least it explains it and gives you a light at the end of the tunnel. I hope you are both feeling better very soon! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->