Worried..HCG levels fluctuating..

WorriedNewMom

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I'm a little curious as to my situation and would like to know if anyone else has experienced anything like my situation. This is my first pregnancy and prior to this ive never had normal periods. (never for the same amount of days or on schedule) I have taken 2 home pregnancy tests (both positive) after getting the positive results I went to the hospital on 9-6-13 after finding out i was pregnant and bleeding. They tested my HCG levels and gave me an ultrasound but they said it could be to early to see considering that my HCG was only at 900 and they only estimated me about 3-4 weeks pregnant but possible for a miscarriage. They had me return in 3 days to re-test which my levels had then jumped to 1684 with still no results on the ultrasound (still being told that i'm to early to be able to detect anything on the screen). They then had me return once again for more blood work to keep an eye on my levels to be sure that things are progressing like they should. When I went to my appointment today they told me that my blood results came back and they had lowed to the high 1500's but are thinking i could be miscarrying. They scheduled me for more blood work for this wednesday coming up. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I'm very worried.

Hi :)
Didn't want to read and run but I'm
Not too sure, I know they shouldn't be going down but try not to worry until further tests. ( I know it's hard I've had two losses this year ) with my 1st my levels were 400 something up to 800 something then the next day ( day after bleeding stated ) dropped down to 200 something. I think they do worry with fluctuating levels could be ectopic so if you notice pain on one side that gets quite bad go straight back to the hospital.
Good luck I hope you get good news :hugs:

Mine were 78 then only 117 two days later then rose normally to 360 two days later then only 600 two days after that, then they halved then crept up again. It was ectopic, I really hope this is not the case for you xx

It sounds like an ectopic to me.

Sorry.

I had levels fluctuate with my second one.

Sounds eptopic Hun however, numbers can go up then down a little like settling into a proper curve x I'm praying your one of these women with numbers just settling

hi,

I had numbers slowly rise with my ectopic but never got as high as you x slow rising or fluctuating hcg is a sign of ectopic so just be wary. I also have to note I was about 5weeks 2 days when i started getting niggling pain that was in my side but more my back. It wasnt really sore just annoying and it would come and go. by 5wk4 days it wasnt going away and thats when I knew it wasnt an ordinary mc so just keep a look out. It doesnt have to be alot of pain for an ectopic xx I hope this isnt the case for you xxxx As naria says numbers can go up and down a little x

I also had fluctuating hcg levels with my 2nd pregnancy, I miscarried but at least it wasn't ectopic so no complication whatsoever. Sorry you're going through this:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->