• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Worried if they will do 3rd section

Ckelly79

mother of 3
Reaction score
Hi ladies I had an emcs in 2000 as baby was too big I'm 4"11, had elective in 2001. My question is I'm due again July 2013 and would like to have a c section I have consultants appointment on Thursday to discuss. Is he likely to allow one or am I going to have to fight for it reason being the midwife on 2 nd pregnancy made a big deal of the fact they wouldn't allow it I spent weeks worrying and they said yes straight away and this time my midwife only made the comment that VBAC is an option?
Any advice would be great :)

Hi ladies I had an emcs in 2000 as baby was too big I'm 4"11, had elective in 2001. My question is I'm due again July 2013 and would like to have a c section I have consultants appointment on Thursday to discuss. Is he likely to allow one or am I going to have to fight for it reason being the midwife on 2 nd pregnancy made a big deal of the fact they wouldn't allow it I spent weeks worrying and they said yes straight away and this time my midwife only made the comment that VBAC is an option?
Any advice would be great :)

Hi Hun I have had 2 sections 1 in 1999 and one in 2002 .... Yes you do have an option to vbac but you also have an option to have an elective c section. So no need to worry we are ttc and have already spoken to my consultant and its either or xx

As pp said you'll be given the option of both vbac or section, they may push for a section (this is what my HV told me), but you're able to have a section if you'd prefer after already having a section.

Xx

I just had my third on Thursday. I wasn't asked about vbac. But the option of a third section was no prob and recovery so far has been brilliant - walked a few steps after 6 hours, showered alone and walked more after 24 hrs. Today, Saturday, I even forgot to take my Painkillers all morning! :)

It depends on the hospitals policy. Where I am they don't allow Vbac after 2 c-sections. They say it is too risky. So as a result of them failing to allow me to try vbac I will be having my 6th (Yes, 6th) c-section in May. Worried about it already even though I have 15 weeks to go but I am sure you will be offered a 3rd section due to having had 2 already.

Depends on the hospitals policy. I wasn't allowed to have a vbac and now I'm going to have my 3rd c-section in 6 days.

Hi thanks ladies had my appointment today with consultant he agreed straight away c section is best for me. They were great booked all future appointments right upto 36 weeks. Feel lots better now. Thanks to all x

I just had my third on Thursday. I wasn't asked about vbac. But the option of a third section was no prob and recovery so far has been brilliant - walked a few steps after 6 hours, showered alone and walked more after 24 hrs. Today, Saturday, I even forgot to take my Painkillers all morning! :)

hi Helene CONGRATULATIONS! so did you have a trouble free pregnancy too? and would you say your 3rd section was easier to recover from? do they go into the same scar.i too have had 2 sections.would love another baby one day :baby:

Congrats on your pregnancy.

Since this is a third c-section you shouldn't get any fight back. Here in my state there are no docs even willing to do a vba2c.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->