Worried mum to be!! please reply!!!!

madmax

Reaction score
Hi ladies, my story goes like this,

I am a worrier!!!! oh god yes I really am!

After 2 mcs I have made it to 21 weeks, I am 37 years young.

Had the nuchal trans thingey as I call it! and bloods, my risk came back at 1:1850 which I know is bloody good for my age!!!

Not wanting to slag the NHS off as I know it's a bloody hard job for them, but I have found most of the staff not too helpful.

I went and had a private anomoly scan done as I would have rather heard bad news from him, (if that makes sense!)

He said all was good, checked cervical length and all that and he really listens to my concerns and reassures me.

Went for NHS scan at 20 weeks, never even got to look at baby!
She then says I have found a soft marker, an echogenic focus in the right ventricle, I've seen 4 today already, nothing to worry about!
MW put on my notes anomoly scan NAD!

I am hoping that someone can help me, I have been a nervous wreck, I can't sleep and can't get it off my mind! DH says, look they said it's nothing to worry about so why worry! I told him I have 19 weeks left yet and if baby has something I would like to know asap. I have experience of Downs as my best friend had IVF and all the tests done and their baby girl was born with downs, bless them they were in such a state of shock! It's the not knowing that bothers me I suppose. No-one at the hospital bothered to explain more to me!
I have phoned private consultant and I am hoping to get back to see him as a matter of urgency, I can't understand why he didn't tell me about it at the private anomoly scan. I know a scan does not prove all is well, but this is really get me down and upsetting me.

I guess if I was under the magical 35 I wouldn't worry quite so much!

Any help/advice would be much appreciated to ease this ladies mind!!!!

Thanks for reading.

I can't help you but didn't want to read and run so am sending you some :hug:

I suppose that it might be something so slight and insignificant that your private consultant discounted it as normal. After all, if the NHS sonographer sees it several times a day then it can't be a surefire problem. You are doing all you can by booking an appointment with someone who will take the time to listen and explain. In the meantime, try and take a deep breath and connect with your baby. I am sure he or she will give you a little wriggle to show you that all is generally well in there.
Fingers crossed that all will be well fxfxfxfx

I don't know much about this but didn't want to read and run. I'm 34 and still worry about everything to do with this pregnancy.

If the midwife said not to panic then try not to, I know easier said then done. Did she say if there is any further action? as I think sometimes they do other test.

:flower:

Thanks for replies, no they don't advise any other tests as risk of amnio probs is higher than risk that there is a problem!
I guess it just really shocked me as I went into the scanning room so confident as I had the results from the private scan!
Of course google sends the brain into doom and gloom overdrive!!!!!

NAD stands for 'nothing abnormal detected' so try not to worry yourself x

:hugs: Didnt want to read and run! Sounds like things are going to be ok - lots of positive thoughts headed your way :)

Don't worry about the age thing, I was 35 with my first and 37 with this one, speak to someone to reassure you, but you need to stop seeking opinions from all quarters, you need to speak to your main caregiver and get them to reassure you, if you are having your baby in the nhs then it should be them. Otherwise you will be like this at every stage for the next 19 weeks. You need to build up a trust relationship with your main caregiver. Good luck!

This will be my first post after several months of lurking! :)

I am also 37 years young and also carrying my 1st baby after a miscarriage. I am now 30 weeks along.

I also have the calcium deposit in my baby's heart. It is a soft marker for downs & it's only considered something to worry about if your bloods come back as a high risk. Your bloods are fine so therefore there is no reason to worry.

Honestly, I was freaking out too & I hadn't had my bloods done at that point.
Apparently the calcium deposit or bright spot is fairly common & plenty of healthy babies are born with it. My bloods can back 1:2800 so I'm not going to worry about it either.

I know it's hard but try not to worry.

Hi, the NHS sonographer is obviously very behind the times.. or the hospital protocol is... After lots of research, it has been decided that echogenic foci are now called "normal variants".. i.e, they are completely harmless and normal, and many many scans will show them...especially now the machines are getting better... & they just disappear with time. We dont mention them now, in the paperwork, in the notes, and especially not to worried mums to be!!! Please please dont worry. They are very common and I wouldnt worry myself if i saw one on my own baby.. and i say that honestly!

Hi, I really dont want to worry you because your chances of having a baby with downs are extremely low, but when I was pregnant with my son the echogenic foci was the ONLY marker he had and at my age of 22, the doctor said it was nothing to worry about. Well, long story short he was born and has down syndrome. Since I was only 22 and we have no family history of Downs I did not have a NT test in the first tri, so I cant compare with you there. I really hope that I dont make you worry, but I just know how terrible it was for me to find out about the Downs at the birth, and I had to have an emergency c-section because of complications that we could have been prepared for had we known. Anyway, the only reason I am telling you this is to say, think about how you would feel at the birth if your lo comes out with DS and its a shock. If you think you would be better handling it with some time before the birth then do a quad screen just to see more of the odds, but really with your NT test being so good, I wouldnt worry too much.
Also, in MY experience DS has not been bad at all (I wouldnt wish it on anyone, but my son is amazing and very normal)

I am sorry if I am making you worry more, but I asked the same question when I had this with my son, and everyone said not to worry and it was so common and I put it completely out of my head and then was almost destroyed when he was born. If I had found out before I still would have had him and I love him so much, but everyone finding out on his birthday, it made what should have been a wonderful happy time, awful and everyone was crying and it was just a terrible time and so I wish someone would have told me this when I was pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->