• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Worried nanny. HELP!!!

Worriednanny

Reaction score
Hello, this is the first time I have ever posted on any forum.

My daughter-in-law is 23 weeks pregnant and has had lack of fetal movement (no movement) for 4 days now. We have been to maternity. They checked baby's heartbeat and they've told us it's low. Plus they seem to think there is reduced amniotic fluid. The gave her an internal examination and there was some blood too (not a lot). They have booked her an "urgent" ultrasound scan. But said it could be a few days away.

I am worried sick but am trying to hold on to the fact there is still a heartbeat present. I would love to hear from anyone who has had similar happen to them. Why could this be happening?

Thank you for reading.

Natalie.

I'm really sorry you're all going through this, it must be so worrying. I can't help much but I'm disappointed to hear that with all your daughter in laws symptoms they're not scanning you more urgently than that. Is there any way you could press them on it? Normally hospitals have been good with me in my pregnancies and scanned me same day when there was a potential issue. The only advice I can really give you is to get on the phone or get back to hospital and be really assertive and let them know how upset and worried you are.
The low fluid around baby can happen and in itself it's not an emergency just a cause for extra monitoring. But really with low movement and low heart rate they should be scanning her sooner. It may all be ok but obviously you all need answers. Hoping for the best for you.

I'm really sorry you're all going through this, it must be so worrying. I can't help much but I'm disappointed to hear that with all your daughter in laws symptoms they're not scanning you more urgently than that. Is there any way you could press them on it? Normally hospitals have been good with me in my pregnancies and scanned me same day when there was a potential issue. The only advice I can really give you is to get on the phone or get back to hospital and be really assertive and let them know how upset and worried you are.
The low fluid around baby can happen and in itself it's not an emergency just a cause for extra monitoring. But really with low movement and low heart rate they should be scanning her sooner. It may all be ok but obviously you all need answers. Hoping for the best for you.

Thank you for your reply. We have pushed the hospital for the scan. We are going today at 14:20.

I'm really glad you're getting the scan today. I hope baby is ok and you get some reassurance. It definitely is something to cling to that baby's heart is beating.

I ve not been in that situation before. i just wanted to say I hope the scan goes well today and I am glad they got the scan set for today.

No advice just wanted to say good luck for the scan x

:hugs: I hope everything goes ok.

Oh bless you that must be so scary. I really hope your daughter in law's scan goes well x

Thank you all for your messages. The scan didn't show anything untoward which was a massive sigh of relief. They are keeping a close eye on her as she is still leaking some amniotic fluid. She is on bed rest and a lot of hope 👍🏻.

That is good news. Hopefully she can get lots of rest :)

Thank you for updating us. Great to hear that things seem to be ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->