Worried sick...

MMAmummy

Mum to 2 boys & WTT #3
Reaction score
I am due to go back to work next week after my maternity leave and I feel like I physically can't go back there. I feel sick, my stomach goes into knots and I feel like I'm gonna burst into tears when I think about being back there. My partner would be with my son when I'm working so I am not worried about leaving him, I have left him with his daddy lots of times. It's they thought of being there with the people that work there that is making me feel this way.

For a while I have hated leaving the house and try to avoid going out, especially on my own. If my partner manages to coax me out it's not so bad, but if I go out by myself I feel very self conscious and panic a bit at times, more so where there is a lot of people around and as I work in a supermarket this is making returning to work feel worse.

I am also having trouble sleeping and am very snappy with OH. He thinks I have PND which has been getting worse. I thought I had baby blues but since my son was 3 months old I noticed I have been getting worse. I am nothing like I used to be. I don't know what to do. My OH says I should speak to my doctor and see if I can get signed off work until I feel better but I am worried that because my son is now 8 months old my doctor will not believe me and think I am just too lazy to return to work, plus I never told my health visitor anything as I worried they would send social workers out to us. I am so sick with worry and don't know what to do for the best.

Any advice? - And apologies for the length of this post x

You sound like me - instead of enjoying my maternity leave I was filling my time with dread about going back to work. i felt negative about everything, had no energy and didn't want to go out and see people - couldn't sleep through worry about going back to work! My DH is going to be looking after kids too. so that's not the worry.

I went to the docs when Mirren was 6 months old and was diagnosed with PND and am now on medication and had a few counselling sessions.....I feel great now - not worried about work and am enjoying my time left with the kids. Definately go to see your doctor and don't worry about them believing you - they have to! i never told my HV about my feelings either as I used to just automatically say 'I'm fine' when they asked - and i genuinely thought i was, until DH sat down with me and got me to realise what I was being like!

I also have made plans which will mean my going back to work is a tempory measure - so that helps greatly! lol

Hope you get some help cos you do sound miserable!

Hey hun how are you feeling now did you go and see your doc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->