• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Worried! Symptoms gone at 9 weeks! :-(

Tiger22

Reaction score
I had bad food Adversions and nausea and could hardly eat anything ....well now all of a sudden at 9 weeks my appetite is back to normal and no more nausea or food Adversions, the bloating has went away too! I don't feel pregnant at all! :-( I am worried something is wrong! With my first my nausea/food Adversions didn't go away until 12 or 13 weeks....I did have a scan at 7 weeks 0 days and everything was normal with a heart beat of 144 bpm. The only thing I can think of is my TSH thyroid was 0.39 which seems a little low but still within the range of 0.3-5.0.....I have had no cramping or bleeding....I'm so worried tho!

my symptoms came and went but when they did, they were replaced with symptoms i havent experienced yet. one time only, did i ever, have little-to-no symptoms at all for the entire day. i felt fantastic. next day, symptoms came back with full force vengeance. the sickness had no mercy on me.

that's actually when the placenta starts to take over more-- 9-10 weeks-- and that's why your symptoms are less.. super normal! :hugs:

Also I've been told they go much quicker and more suddenly with second pregnancies! Try not to worry and if you can't help see about getting a scan :flower: this pregnancy my symptoms have come and gone quite a lot, which is really scary! We're having a private scan Monday to put our minds at rest, I'll be 9wks. Hope everything's ok with you xx

Thank you all for your replies! We went in for a scan today and everything was great! The little cutie was wiggling around with a strong heartbeat of 178 and measuring right on track! It was scary at first bc they couldn't hear the heartbeat at first through the Doppler and so they sent me for a scan. I think it was bc my uterus us tilted back. But so thankfully everything is okay!! It is very odd though bc I still don't feel very pregnant...and I can eat so much more. I will agree every pregnancy is different!

Yay so pleased! Just take things easy and let your body do the hard work :) I also had a scan yesterday and saw my twins wriggling away and heard their hb's through scan, amazing!

My first pregnancy I was horrifically ill and lost 14 pounds in 3.5 weeks. This time the symptons are so mild! I'm taking it as a sign that I'm having a girl as my last was a boy ... I may be wrong but it stops me worrying about lack of symptons

Tiger, so glad everything went so well at your scan. That's wonderful. Wishing you all the best for the up coming months xx

Laura, wow twins. Now that is amazing!! How do you feel, have they made you extra tired or extra nauseous? I keep joking with my OH about twins as I'm showing around tummy but lost weight every where and I'm struggling to get more than a few mouthfuls in before i feel like an Xmas stuffed turkey haha.
Wishing you all the best xx

Tiger, so glad everything went so well at your scan. That's wonderful. Wishing you all the best for the up coming months xx

Laura, wow twins. Now that is amazing!! How do you feel, have they made you extra tired or extra nauseous? I keep joking with my OH about twins as I'm showing around tummy but lost weight every where and I'm struggling to get more than a few mouthfuls in before i feel like an Xmas stuffed turkey haha.

Thank you :) yup, extra tired, extra nauseous, I've lost 7lb in 5wks but not on my belly that's def growing!! And yep full after half the amount of food I used to eat but then starving hungry to the point of feeling sick! Thanks hun, same to you :) xx

Thank you :) yup, extra tired, extra nauseous, I've lost 7lb in 5wks but not on my belly that's def growing!! And yep full after half the amount of food I used to eat but then starving hungry to the point of feeling sick! Thanks hun, same to you :) xx

Haha just read your reply out to my OH and his faced dropped!! Sounds so much like me, Defo a scary but exciting thought.
Are you hoping for a boy and a girl? Or is gender not something you have thought of? I'm like the idea of a girl but I think one of each would be nice. Wouldn't have to go thru being pregnant again haha xx

9 weeks 2 days here and end of last week I was like oh all my symptoms are gone. Last 2 days I've been SO SO sick :p of course lol. I have my first OB appt. on Friday. Hoping they'll give a listen for the HB. But not sure if they will or not.

Haha just read your reply out to my OH and his faced dropped!! Sounds so much like me, Defo a scary but exciting thought.
Are you hoping for a boy and a girl? Or is gender not something you have thought of? I'm like the idea of a girl but I think one of each would be nice. Wouldn't have to go thru being pregnant again haha xx

Haha nice one!! Very scary but even more exciting :) we've been told their identical so two of one or the other! We'd like girls as we have a lb who is 2, but will be more than happy with whichever gender we are blessed with :) other than 1st tri I love being pregnant! I may not be saying that by the end of this one though :haha: xx

Haha nice one!! Very scary but even more exciting :) we've been told their identical so two of one or the other! We'd like girls as we have a lb who is 2, but will be more than happy with whichever gender we are blessed with :) other than 1st tri I love being pregnant! I may not be saying that by the end of this one though :haha: xx

aww two little girls would be lovely,
ive never managed to make it past first tri so it stresses me out something rotten :wacko::wacko:
really hoping that after my scan i can feel a little better and enjoy it, holding off telling family till xmas and ill be 14w by then. think once a few people know and we can all share it i might feel better.
OH is more stressed than me as hes lost a baby at 20 odd weeks in the past so still a little scary for him i think, poor bugger xx

Thank you!! And good luck to you pink Phoenix! Laura Congrats on the twins!!! My sister actually has 2 sets of twins!!! They are so much fun and always have a "buddy" to play with! :hugs:

aww two little girls would be lovely,
ive never managed to make it past first tri so it stresses me out something rotten :wacko::wacko:
really hoping that after my scan i can feel a little better and enjoy it, holding off telling family till xmas and ill be 14w by then. think once a few people know and we can all share it i might feel better.
OH is more stressed than me as hes lost a baby at 20 odd weeks in the past so still a little scary for him i think, poor bugger xx

Completely see where you're coming from! Didn't have any fears with my lb but after a mc in jan I'm now bricking it! Poor Oh :( must be so horrible, we think we're safe after 12wks too! What you have to think is unless there are any medical concerns it's pretty darn rare for something to happen that late in. My friend lost a baby 2 days before her due date as her placenta stopped working due to unknown thyroid issues. It's taken 2 years to get it under control! We just have to be super sensitive to our bodies and babies! Wishing you all the best :flower: xx
Thank you!! And good luck to you pink Phoenix! Laura Congrats on the twins!!! My sister actually has 2 sets of twins!!! They are so much fun and always have a "buddy" to play with! :hugs:

You're welcome and thanks hun! 2 sets!! Wow that's amazing! DH joked that we'll have quads if we have anymore cause we've doubled up from our first! Haha xx

I wanted to chime in because I had this worry about once a week. I'd feel wretched for 5 or 6 days (24/7 nausea) then one day I seemed to be ok. Just as I started to freak out, it would come back. Sometimes in a few hours, sometimes in a few days. So I'd have a lot of bad days, then some good days, then bad days again. This happened the entire time from 6-14 weeks. I feel you, it's hard not to worry but I'm starting to see it's no joke that everyone is so different.

PS I'm 17 weeks now and all that has gone away and baby seems to be fine :)

Thank you :flower:

wow two sets of twins :cloud9: i love the idea of them always having a little buddy to play with, thats such a lovely thought xx

Completely see where you're coming from! Didn't have any fears with my lb but after a mc in jan I'm now bricking it! Poor Oh :( must be so horrible, we think we're safe after 12wks too! What you have to think is unless there are any medical concerns it's pretty darn rare for something to happen that late in. My friend lost a baby 2 days before her due date as her placenta stopped working due to unknown thyroid issues. It's taken 2 years to get it under control! We just have to be super sensitive to our bodies and babies! Wishing you all the best :flower: xx

Yeah i always thought once 12 weeks was reached you were in the clear, was a pretty horrific experience by all accounts, lost his OH at the time twice in the process but she came round eventually. they had another LG after this but cant imagine its a pleasant pregnancy for either of them.
im telling some close family at xmas but think for his sake will wait for 20w scan before making it really public, would be nice to know boy or girl aswell to tell everyone.
Im so sorry to hear about ur friend i really couldnt imagine that, makes me tear up to even consider going thru something like that, hope things are better for her now :hugs::hugs: xx

best of luck to you, hope you have a wonderful pregnancy this time round :kiss:

Jeese that must have aweful :( no wonder he's scared, he's scared for you too! She's doing good :) better than I would be! And they're now just starting to try again so I'm praying hard for them :) thanks hun! Can't believe I'm 10wks on Monday! (11on Sunday by LMP!) xx

Jeese that must have aweful :( no wonder he's scared, he's scared for you too! She's doing good :) better than I would be! And they're now just starting to try again so I'm praying hard for them :) thanks hun! Can't believe I'm 10wks on Monday! (11on Sunday by LMP!) xx

Yeah I think a lot of people over look what it does to the OH's some times. They don't seem to realise it's them that's lost a baby too, poor buggers.
We had our scan today and everything looks great, not that you can tell much on the awful quality photos I was robbed blind for haha.
Bet you can't wait for your next scan, hope it all goes beautifully xx

Yay so pleased it went well such a relieve ey! Oh sometimes they couldn't care less about a picture, when it's one of your priorities! They we're the same with our lb at his first scan, tech was vile, I was only 9wks so not much more than a blob but she didn't even try to get a decent pic :( not compared to the 9wk ones of the twins anyway :haha: we really can't :) hopefully before Christmas, well we want NT and that means it has to be before Boxing Day going by lmao which is what me put in my notes :) thanks hun :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->