Worried we might have hurt baby! :cry:

Katapillar

Reaction score
So tonight me and the OH had sex, me on my back and him on top, I asked him to keep himself propped up as much a possible so he wasn't putting pressure on my bump as it is uncomfortable, in the heat of the moment he went to kiss me and his arms buckled and his body dropped forward onto me, it wasn't all of his weight as he managed to catch himself, but it made me cry out, I don't know if this was shock or pain because it didn't massively hurt, but now I'm very worried that we might have hurt baby or caused some damage? Any one had anything similar or can offer any advice will be greatly received! :cry: :cry:

I'm currently 16 weeks with baby number 1, please don't laugh at me if I'm very wrong! :cry:

You're probably fine. They're very protected in there. If you start bleeding of course, go to the hospital. But I have friends with kids and like...one of the toddlers would throw themselves on their mother's stomach and it hurts but the baby was always fine. :thumbup:

I'm sure all is fine, they are very protected inside. It was probably the shock and tension that made you cry out. If it still worries you, you could always nip and get checked out, but I really think there's nothing to worry about xxxx

I'm sure baby is just fine :hugs: They're very well protected inside of us. You could call your doctor and talk with them for peace of mind and of course if you have any bleeding go to the hospital. But I'm sure all is fine!

My 2 year old flopped on my stomach and it hurt really badly, I was cramping soon after too. I called my midwife and she said these things happen and baby's are so well protected.

My nearly 50 lb daughter likes to jump and has accidentally landed on my stomach a few times. She's 3 and doesn't know better. But although it's hurt and made me crampy for an hour or so after, all has always been fine. :hugs: I know it's scary. Try not to worry. If you aren't severely cramping and there isn't blood you and LO are fine I'm sure.

When i called my dr about a similar issue (I was pregnant with my second and didn't yet know how strong pregnancies are), they told me that if there was no bleeding, everything was probably fine. 99.9%. It was reassuring, but I was still on that Doppler every day for a few days. Ha. My kids are all really young, so all of my subsequent pregnant bellies have been jumped on and abused. Sorry, babies. Welcome to having big siblings! And a clumsy dad! I know how scary that is, and you can definitely call your dr for reassurance. I once fell Out of the shower durning pregnancy. I just got really dizzy all the sudden and slipped. I caught with my shin, but I landed on my belly in the end. That was really really terrifying for me. That baby is 3 now. :) My dr did a scan to make sure everything was fine.

my four year old cousin once pressed all his weight on my bump when i was 20 weeks with DD !! IT was soooooooooooooo painful i cried so much.. i was worried and tried to count her kicks but thankfully everything turned out fine and she wasnt hurt at all.. i guess they are very well protected in there.. Unless it was a severe accident god forbid, i think nothing could hurt

I understand, it must have felt very scary, but honestly I don't think the baby will have been hurt for several reasons: they are very protected and suspended in water, you are still early in the pregnancy for contact injuries to get through to the little one (when they fill the space inside it's more worrying), and bodies are soft, even if hubby felt heavy, the dangerous ones are where you land flat on concrete.

As the ladies have said, if you're in pain or have any vaginal bleeding/loss then just get checked but I wouldn't worry at this stage. Don't let it scare you into not having sex! Sex is very good for your uterus :)

All the best x

I seriously walloped my belly on a door (it's hard adjusting to the size of such a rapidly changing body lol) at about 26 weeks, then accidentally drove the corner of a coffee table into my bump so hard at 39 weeks that I still had a massive bruise at all my postnatal checkups. :haha:

LO is 2.5 and always has been bright and perfect. :)

Meep you're such a muppet xD

Total gimp. :rofl: My weird short torso meant I looked like I had swallowed a Spacehopper and I ended up bouncing it off everything ... I wasn't made for the big baby I produced lol. Hope this one isn't as large!

As everyone has said I don't think you have anything to worry about. Babies are very well protected in the uterus. I think I read somewhere once that anything short of a traumatic accident can't hurt the baby or it's at least extremely unlikely to.

I'm sure everything is fine but of course you're going to worry. It's completely natural.

I fell down a flight of stairs on Monday evening. I was actually admitted to hospital for overnight observation but that was for my head injury rather than fetal monitoring though they did that too. Baby was absolutely fine and her heartbeat was bang on all night as were her movements. (Me not so much haha).

I was also punched and kicked in the stomach at 16 weeks by a patient this time around. My midwife reassured me that they are so well protected in there that it takes a really big hit to do any kind of damage. If you're cramping or bleeding then you can always phone your midwife for advice :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->